Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who are the greatest BRITISH footballers still alive today?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Did you not think you're own post about Karembeu was not exactly what you've just described!? Seriously I didn't take that personally either, but you seem to be reading into stuff that just isn't there. If you were my wife, I'd be thinking the red flag was up!

Hmm...It does come across like that, doesn't it? I guess it's because I was trying to sort out some work and whenever I read one of your posts I have now come to think of it said in a certain know-all tone. Perhaps I'm doing you a disservice. Ah well. I think you're wrong still and am happy to argue the point.

I don't think he was ever one of the greats having read about him and what others thought of him. He got his place because Greaves was injured and Greaves still has, I think, the best strike rate of any England player. Just my opinion though.

I disagree with including any and everyone because they were part of a great team, George Cohen for example.

He got in initially because of Greaves injury but held his place even when the latter was fit.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The Greats will surely have a stand named after them e.g. Trevor Brooking.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
If you ever saw Jimmy Greaves play then he was the best,but one forgotten player who often turned a game around....not mentioned yet....the 'Ghost' Martin Peters. The player who Albion let go....Ian Wright. Silky mover Frank Worthington...or 'Elvis'. But you can only judge on what you have seen....Duncan Edwards and probably one of the greatest Albion players Barry Rees...yes I realise that they are both no longer with us so to the original post don't count....but this is my post so I will put on it who I want...so Nary Nary Boo! God this Vodka is great.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Archie Gemmill

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
Roy Race
Johnny Dexter
Hotshot Hamish

Surely have to come into the reckoning

Johnny Dexter, good call. Victor Boskovic the visionary Hungarian coach had a massive influence on Johnny's career, turning him to one of the greatest Centre half this country has ever produced.

It's a crying shame most people on here have never heard of him.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
billy-the-fish.jpg

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Johnny Dexter, good call. Victor Boskovic the visionary Hungarian coach had a massive influence on Johnny's career, turning him to one of the greatest Centre half this country has ever produced.

It's a crying shame most people on here have never heard of him.
what about Roy Race I think the players around especially made him into one of the greats people forget of Blackie Gray, Lofty Peak ,Vernon Elliot , Paco Diaz , Mervyn Wallace ,Geoff Giles and probably the best keeper of all time Charlie (the cat) Carter the best team of the 70s great days

red star portslade

Jul 8, 2012
Hove innit
what about Roy Race I think the players around especially made him into one of the greats people forget of Blackie Gray, Lofty Peak ,Vernon Elliot , Paco Diaz , Mervyn Wallace ,Geoff Giles and probably the best keeper of all time Charlie (the cat) Carter the best team of the 70s great days

A fantastic team on paper, i feel roy should have pushed the boat out and signed kevin mouse when he had the chance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here