Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who are our main competitors for the L1 title?

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Bookies will have you believe it is Wednesday/Huddersfield Town/Soton (lol!)

However, looking at Bournemouth's next few games...

Saturday, 30 October 2010
Bournemouth v Colchester, 15:00

Tuesday, 2 November 2010
Brentford v Bournemouth, 19:45

Saturday, 13 November 2010
Bournemouth v Walsall, 15:00

Saturday, 20 November 2010
Leyton Orient v Bournemouth, 15:00

Tuesday, 23 November 2010
Bournemouth v Yeovil, 19:45

So, with the exception of Colchester, they've got 4 very winnable games there. I can see by the end of November, they'll be closest to us.

Hmm. So happy right now, but can't help thinking if that penalty that wasn't a penalty wasn't given, we'd be on 30 right now, they'd be on 21, and that might really be useful come early December.

Either way, this is a league where most people are able to get points off eachother, except points off the Albion. Which is the way it should be.

SEEEEAGULLS!!!!

Feel pretty damn good right now. :)

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
"Looking at Bournemouth's next few games..." - What's that got to do with it?

Every team plays every team twice - home and away.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Brentford's result against P'boro shows that just about anybody can beat anybody in this league. You can be sure that they'll make a lot more effort against us.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
İbrahim Tatlıses;3768257 said:
I would say it remains the same as it was at the beginning of the season.

Sheff Wed, Huddersfield, Southampton, Charlton will all be up there.

It will never last for Bournemouth and Peterborough imo

I disagree about Peterborough. I've thought all along they will be up there and definately think they will finish above Charlton. With their strikeforce, and a manager who knows what he is doing, they will be there or thereabouts.

I do think however Bournemouth will fall away before the end of the year and unfortunately fully expect Southampton and Huddersfield to pick up and be up there before too long. Sheffield Wednesday could be a big threat once their financial situation is sorted out.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Soton, if we finish above them we go up.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It has to be Sheff Weds, Southampton, Huddersfield and Peterborough because they all have the resources to compete and will continue to improve as the season goes on. As well as Bournemouth have done I can't see it continuing.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I cannot see rhe top 6 being other than us, Southampton, Huddersfield, Peterborough and the remaining 2 places between Charlton, Bournemouth Colchester Swindon and Carlisle all of whom are capable if they put a run together.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It has to be Sheff Weds, Southampton, Huddersfield and Peterborough because they all have the resources to compete and will continue to improve as the season goes on. As well as Bournemouth have done I can't see it continuing.

Thats about how I see it as well.

They`ll be a joker in the pack though and I thought it might have been Colchester.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here