Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

whitehawk

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
BAY FIGHT BACK TO EARN FIRST LEG DRAW
27/03/2010

In todays other semi-final, FA Carlsberg Vase holders Whitley Bay came from two goals down to salvage a 3-3 draw in their Semi Final First Leg tie against Barwell.

Barwell's opening league sequence this season was 5-0, 6-0, 6-0, 7-0, 1-0, 6-0, 9-0. A couple of draws, then they continued banging them in without reply for most of the season. :ohmy:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
LB - what happened? Is it not 1-0?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Ht
0-0

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
First half was pretty forgettable today. 0-0

Wroxham started the second half as brightly as they had the first, but this time they scored when the Hawk's defence did a passing impression of the Albion circa Autumn '09

Whitehawk fought back and the keeper finger tipped a good effort just round the post for a corner. Shortly after Whitehawk hit the bar from outside the area.

But an excellent shot from Wroxham put them 2-0 up and from then on Whitehawk just never really threatened. They had a bit of pressure and could have had a penalty when Freeman found himself on the ground (was he pushed or did he dive?)

Right at the end Freeman got a red card for what looked like an elbow.

Whitehawk have a brilliant away record in this competition.
They are certainly going to need it next Saturday.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
According to the papers they were expecting 2000.

I would guess there were about 1,300 there and about 100 or so from Norfolk.

It's the 'gateway' to the Norfolk Broads - it's lovely!

Wroxham - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you go, look out for 'Roy's'!
Look out for Roy's?

When I was last there, the whole place had been taken over by Roy's.

Talking earlier with someone who was at the game, I gather the problem that Whitehawk had was that the players are simply not fit enough.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
According to the papers they were expecting 2000.

I would guess there were about 1,300 there and about 100 or so from Norfolk.

that would be an impressive away turnout if true as it looks a fair old journey and according to that wikipedia page the population is under 2,000!!

Wroxham Take First Leg Advantage

The Yachtsmen online - the official website of Wroxham Football Club

Wroxham took one step towards Wembley this afternoon after they defeated Whitehawk 2-0 at the Enclosed Ground.

Second-half goals from Paul Cook and Andy Eastaugh went without reply for the Yachtsmen, who now take a two goal cushion into the second leg next week.

It was a difficult afternoon for both sides to get the ball down and play due to the bobbly pitch, and chances were few and far between in a quiet opening half.

The only real notable chance came from the home side after 10 minutes, when Danny Davis fired his effort over the bar after Wroxham failed to clear their lines.

It did not take long after the break, however, for Wroxham to take the lead as they went ahead just 50 seconds after the restart.

Paul Cook found space in the Whitehawk box to head past Lloyd Addison just yards out after the home defence was caught cold and failed to pick him up.

The Hawks then went in search of an equaliser, but Wes Tate’s low shot was pushed around the post, and Darren Budd’s 25-yard free kick rattled the crossbar.

The game was wrapped up after 65 minutes thanks a 20 yard strike from Andy Eastaugh. The Hawks defence had managed to get their bodies in the way of two shots, but Eastlaugh fired home at the third attempt.

Despite Whitehawk changing to a more attacking formation, they were unable to break down the visitors and never really looked liked finding the net.

With just seconds of the game remaining, the hosts’ Darren Freeman was shown a red card for an alleged elbow on Eastlaugh to round off a miserable afternoon for his side.

Todays official attendance was 1.351

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Yeah, That's what I said. Pretty much.
My crowd guess was wrong though.
I forgot to include the pit bull terriers and pushchairs full of Whitehawk's next generation.

hornet

Mar 9, 2005
Horsham
Roy's does seem to own the place. It is a nice place which we've visited a few times when visiting the in-laws in Norwich.

I managed to get to see them play a few years back and the were ok but they seem to do quite well in this competition I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here