Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whitehawk v Leatherhead - play off tonight

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I almost missed this. There is no link on the Argus website, but it gets good space in the paper.

The Hawks, with Chippy (if fit) in the side amongst others, play Leatherhead tonight, with the winners playing Bognor or Dulwich on Saturday.

So a trip over to East Brighton park on another sunny evening.
Anyone else ?

:thumbsup:

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I live in kemptown when not at uni so I might make the trip over too!

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
1-1 but Leatherhead won on penalties 4-3

Bognor also lost, to Dulwich 3-1, so not a good night for the Sussex clubs.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
If these are promotion deciders then surely they should be two-legged, with the final at a neutral venue.

I think its set up that the higher you finish denotes home field advantage rather than two legs which is probbaly seen as expensive.

Big shame for both clubs.

People were saying Whitehawk were going to play at Withdean while their ground is redeveloped, can anyone else confirm or elabourate on this i.e when and for how long.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
The plan is for two seasons I think, but I read in the Argus that the Ryman League were kicking off about it and wanted to come and inspect the ground to make sure it was up to standard, which is crazy seeing as its been a Football League ground for the last 12 years!

Bognor also f'ing up promotion is HILARIOUS.....they let in a late goal against Worthing on 90th minute in their 3-1 win through a defensive cock up, then missed out on automatic promotion by 1 GD, and if they hadn't conceded against us they would have gone up on Goals Scored :lolol:

Good Luck Dulwich, we at Worthing have a great relationship with their fans, playing them in a game at least once a year at their place, and is probably my favourite away day in the division!!

UP THE HAMLET!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here