Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whitehawk FC - Chelsea of the county league!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Who does Matt Russell play for nowadays? I used to go to school with him and remember him banging in the goals for quite a few local sides.

he started last season at burgess hill, then moved to hassocks but left when john suter was sacked towards the end of october - i think he ended last season at worthing united

very much one of those players who seems to follow a manager around wherever he goes - suter is now at littlehampton, so wouldnt be suprised if he has turned up there

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
If you addressed three postcards to...

Fishersgate
Brighton

or

Peacehaven & Telscombe
Brighton

or

Whitehawk
Brighton

I wonder which one would confuse the PO least?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
he started last season at burgess hill, then moved to hassocks but left when john suter was sacked towards the end of october - i think he ended last season at worthing united

very much one of those players who seems to follow a manager around wherever he goes - suter is now at littlehampton, so wouldnt be suprised if he has turned up there

Thanks. Still banging them in or has he lost his pace?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Thanks. Still banging them in or has he lost his pace?

he did reasonably well when he was playing at hassocks - in fairness, he is probably good enough for upper county one, lower ryman as his record shows. unfortunately, he does very much appear to be the sort of player who just follows a manager around knowing he will play, and as such probably wont test himself any higher up the pyramid

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
he did reasonably well when he was playing at hassocks - in fairness, he is probably good enough for upper county one, lower ryman as his record shows. unfortunately, he does very much appear to be the sort of player who just follows a manager around knowing he will play, and as such probably wont test himself any higher up the pyramid

Shame. I think he had a trial at Brighton at some point. He was part of the victorious side that beat Bolton Grammar at Craven Cottage in The Boodle and Dunthorne Schools Cup. I think it was only Frampton that went on to make it as a professional (Palace, Brentford, currently Millwall).

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
For many years until a few seasons ago, Whitehawk were the biggest club in Brighton. Quite astonishing for a town of 160,000.

...was that while we were still at the Goldstone...which as everyone knows was in Hove actually!

Hove Lagoonery

Dec 16, 2008
Ah, the penny has dropped.

Although I thought Fishersgate wasn't even in the same county as Brighton, Redev. And that Whitehawk badge looks distinctly dodgy.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here