Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

White tactics Board

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Did anyone else find that highly amusing that some poor sod had to drag it on and off to the dugout. It looked like Lofty

Some wag shouted out at the end of the first half that they might as well used it to play draughts on

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Fair play to Deano for this "innovation" of his, but if things continue to go tits up on the pitch, I can only see it as being used as another stick to beat him with (not literally, hopefully). Broadcasting our tactics to the opposition doesn't strike me as being a particularly brilliant idea...not that the opposition has all that much to worry about with us at the moment anyway.

During a game on Sky the other day, the camera picked up Steve Coppell in the stands, on the phone, presumably speaking to his assistant/coach on the bench. Coppell was actually covering his mouth while he spoke and imparted his pearls of wisdom. And there's our Deano getting his NOBO out for all and sundry.

:jester:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Easy 10 said:
Fair play to Deano for this "innovation" of his, but if things continue to go tits up on the pitch, I can only see it as being used as another stick to beat him with (not literally, hopefully). Broadcasting our tactics to the opposition doesn't strike me as being a particularly brilliant idea...not that the opposition has all that much to worry about with us at the moment anyway.

During a game on Sky the other day, the camera picked up Steve Coppell in the stands, on the phone, presumably speaking to his assistant/coach on the bench. Coppell was actually covering his mouth while he spoke and imparted his pearls of wisdom. And there's our Deano getting his NOBO out for all and sundry.

:jester:

I don't see it like that at all. The tactical switches made during a game are not secrets, as they are usually shouted from the touchline at the top of the managers voice. Unless they are shouting out coded messages, then it's ALWAYS there for all to see / hear.

In Coppells case, he was probably saying something a tad more personal. "Tell Kitson he's a f***ing ginger tosser. the way Lita and Doyle are playing he's not gonna get near my team."

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Gritt23 said:
In Coppells case, he was probably saying something a tad more personal. "Tell Kitson he's a f***ing ginger tosser. the way Lita and Doyle are playing he's not gonna get near my team."
I think you will find he was saying "I can't wait to sign Zamora in January, then I can tell Kitson to f*** off back to stacking shelves." :)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Gritt23 said:
I don't see it like that at all. The tactical switches made during a game are not secrets, as they are usually shouted from the touchline at the top of the managers voice. Unless they are shouting out coded messages, then it's ALWAYS there for all to see / hear.
Yeah, I don't see it as a real problem. It just looks a bit GAY though, dunnit.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This tactics board reminds me of me playing snooker.

Sometimes I do a few pretend cueing strokes by the object ball, as it helps me to know the precise spot I'll need to hit the aforementioned object ball with the cue ball.

I do this because I am SHIT at snooker.

Does Deano have to try out his tactics on his little board before he does it 'for real' on the pitch?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Bozza said:
This tactics board reminds me of me playing snooker.

Sometimes I do a few pretend cueing strokes by the object ball, as it helps me to know the precise spot I'll need to hit the aforementioned object ball with the cue ball.

I do this because I am SHIT at snooker.

Does Deano have to try out his tactics on his little board before he does it 'for real' on the pitch?

I'm also shit at snooker, but i go into the toilets to practise my strokes.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Apparently, ever the team player, Leon Knight used to use his own, which was especially chosen for his level of mental development:
537444fddd2732997022d28041ca7c09.jpg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Gritt23 said:

"what was the number of that place in Thailand again?"

What

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Obviously Magoo had Bob Booker to carry his clipboard, so Wilkins needs someone to carry his white board :angry: :angry: :angry:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
Obviously Magoo had Bob Booker to carry his clipboard, so Wilkins needs someone to carry his white board :angry: :angry: :angry:

.... and maybe, by the next game, that will be his brother.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here