Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"White Lives Matter Burnley" banner flown over the Etihad

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
The person behind this is a buffoon clearly but what exactly are the police going to do? What law is this breaking? :shrug:

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
And??

So, you're going on record saying that the Marxist Student Federation (in the UK) is the BLM movement. It all flows from them?

Nope, but Marxist ideology is clear, revolution by all means necessary, even nationalism is a justifiable cause for revolution as a means to an end. You need to brush up on your Communist Manifesto,

Marxists, and all other ideologies opposed to capitalism would see BLM as a movement that could gather support.

But, aren’t you supposed to be telling me why BLM is not seeking to dismantle capitalism and wouldn’t appeal to Marxists?

I’ll put the kettle on.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Police now investigating, let’s hope those responsible for this atrocity face the full weight of the law...

According to the news this morning the bloke being named as responsible for this stunt has had to go into hiding - several from the press are camped outside his house.

Serves him right for being so bloody stupid.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
According to the news this morning the bloke being named as responsible for this stunt has had to go into hiding - several from the press are camped outside his house.

Gone into hiding? Surely he should have some courage in his convictions?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Cunning Fergus has a long history of linking to things which don't say what he claims. I used to call him out on it but life's too short to read the often long and tedious articles he misrepresents.

Yeah, I only have about 3 people that I have HWT’d but, with the absolute bollox he’s posting on this thread, whataboutery, deflection, etc he’s joined them.

Life’s too short.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
But, aren’t you supposed to be telling me why BLM is not seeking to dismantle capitalism and wouldn’t appeal to Marxists?

I’ll put the kettle on.

Aren't you supposed to be giving an opinion on the banner towed over the game, whether you're in favour or not and why? That's what the threads about. There are two BLM threads in the Bear Pit already. I suggest you stick to the subject once your tea has brewed.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
The witch hunt for all Burnley fans on here a bit of a joke .

Rodriguez was rightly or wrongly not found guilty of being racist.

Burnley then boo Bong as many clubs would in protecting their own player.

The bloke who flew the banner is pretty brainless in this climate as everyone has to be seen to be all over it. He will get the book thrown at him

As others have pointed it, he wasn't a Burnley player at the time.

And how is BOOING someone "protecting" a player!?

It's pathetic behaviour.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
The witch hunt for all Burnley fans on here a bit of a joke .

Rodriguez was rightly or wrongly not found guilty of being racist.

Burnley then boo Bong as many clubs would in protecting their own player.

The bloke who flew the banner is pretty brainless in this climate as everyone has to be seen to be all over it. He will get the book thrown at him

Have you not heard their fans when we’ve played them? They are the worst I’ve come across when it comes to racism over the years of playing teams in all of the leagues. That is why there is a lot more condemnation of them on here now in response to this despicable banner.

As the OP said, there isn’t really any surprise that if any club’s set of fans was going to pull this stunt that it would be Burnley.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Have you not heard their fans when we’ve played them? They are the worst I’ve come across when it comes to racism over the years of playing teams in all of the leagues. That is why there is a lot more condemnation of them on here now in response to this despicable banner.

As the OP said, there isn’t really any surprise that if any club’s set of fans was going to pull this stunt that it would be Burnley.

Yes, they may have their fair share of idiots/racists/homophobes, but let's not tar all Burnley fans with the same brush.

We have idiots in our fan-base too.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Lack of brain power does seem to be a bit of a theme for these hard-right types. Not only in failing to understand that supporting the BLM movement doesn't make you anti-white, but also in not understanding that the right to freedom of speech doesn't make you immune to the consequences of exercising that right.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
99% yeh - or possibly it was tongue in cheek and meant as an ironic note but yeh I’m pretty sure they were too... but I don’t really get the message - it could be meant a number of ways.

banner (1).jpg

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
Police now investigating, let’s hope those responsible for this atrocity face the full weight of the law...

The full weight of what law? Even as a bleeding-heart liberal it seems a bit much for the police to be involved. Fortunately for some there isn't a law against advertising yourself as a thick racist.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Nope, but Marxist ideology is clear, revolution by all means necessary, even nationalism is a justifiable cause for revolution as a means to an end. You need to brush up on your Communist Manifesto,

Marxists, and all other ideologies opposed to capitalism would see BLM as a movement that could gather support.

I’ll put the kettle on.

erm.....

bye.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Yes, they may have their fair share of idiots/racists/homophobes, but let's not tar all Burnley fans with the same brush.

We have idiots in our fan-base too.

Indeed. Without wanting to conflate the fantastic BLM campaign and less important forms of discrimination, it always troubles me to hear people making references to thick northern ****s or northern monkeys or Welsh ****s, it does me think that said individuals are predisposed to discrimination and lazy stereotyping in general.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Aren't you supposed to be giving an opinion on the banner towed over the game, whether you're in favour or not and why? That's what the threads about. There are two BLM threads in the Bear Pit already. I suggest you stick to the subject once your tea has brewed.

Yeah, thanks for the continued interest.

As you can see I was commenting on the reaction to the WLM banner by millionaire footballers whilst they continue to advocate a movement that has an objective to dismantle the capitalism system they have benefitted from.

It would appear some people don’t agree (or understand) with that point despite a) BLM having an objective to dismantle capitalism, and b) footballers earning millions of pounds in remuneration.

Open and shut case really so there should be no confusion............I can knock a PowerPoint slide together if that would help?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here