Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WHITE hot live soccer action

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Did Australia look like a team capable of beating Serbia/Ghana and getting into 2nd place in their WC group?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Did Australia look like a team capable of beating Serbia/Ghana and getting into 2nd place in their WC group?
No. Astonishing that they look as strong on paper as they did in 2006. However, where they Hiddink and a wave of public support back then, they now have some Dutch bloke you've never heard of running the show and they look gash.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland

Not by a country mile. I thought the Aussies would be so much better than they were last night. Can't see them doing as well last time, Ghana on fire will rip them apart, Serbia on a good day will beat them comfortably. Good chance on an Ozzy nil-point fest in SA (which will be a surprise to them, the Kiwi's will be jumping for joy if they get to score, let alone get a point).

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Didn't see it as was still at work but by all accounts the Socceroos were absoloute shite, Grella & Cahill should have been sent off and the press here are calling it the worst performnce since Eddie Thomson was in charge (that's 3 managers before the current one by my reckoning).
Australia will have put in an even better performace that last time round, which was monumental, if they progress from their group, can't see it myself....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here