Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whispers that Woodgate and Ambrose are on the verge of signing!

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove
Contrary to what you lot might think - the 35 years we've spent in the top two tiers isn't JUST down to financial cheating :)

Yeahh... It is though isn't it. Without the spending/stealing of other peoples money, your squad would not have been good enough to stay up on at least two occasions in the past 30 years.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Yeahh... It is though isn't it. Without the spending/stealing of other peoples money, your squad would not have been good enough to stay up on at least two occasions in the past 30 years.
That'd be true if Jordan didn't put us into administration by spending £4.5m on Jon Macken and Shefki Kuqi along with the ridiculous wages paid to players like Alan Lee.

Not to mention Peter Taylor losing 5000 season ticket holders in 2 years by playing the most depressing football I've seen at Selhurst (and that is tough to do, believe me).

First time round, it wasn't good players that put us in trouble. Paying Terry "free house + car + lotsamoneyupfront" Venables whatever he bloody wanted to fail was highly intelligent. How Mark Goldberg has any money left I have no idea.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
338 to Plymouth when you went 2nd in the table.

Good for them, loyal fans.

On a tuesday night in winter, so there was no way of getting home unless you drove/took the coach. IIRC that was also a rearranged game, as I'm sure I almost booked train tickets until it was moved to a tuesday PM.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
None of our senior players will be leaving unless a ridiculous offer comes in - as confirmed by our manager and our chairmen. Premiership clubs have been sniffing around Speroni, Clyne, Zaha and Ambrose. We rejected bids for Ambrose (QPR), Speroni (Fulham, deadline day in January), Zaha (Fulham - £2m and KG) and Clyne (countless clubs)

I have never said that Murray as is as good as CMS you idiot. I said that Ambrose is better. Murray is clearly not as good, but he is better than Hoskins and Barnes.

I think potentially even barnes will be better than Murray in another year or twos time

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
On a tuesday night in winter, so there was no way of getting home unless you drove/took the coach. IIRC that was also a rearranged game, as I'm sure I almost booked train tickets until it was moved to a tuesday PM.
21st September, Winter? With a chance to go into the automatic places.

Just like we had no real chance of getting down to Swansea where we took 300. 12.15 start, on Sky, in January. With 1 away win all season. For our average to be just below your Champions League winning team (or so it seems), whereas our closish games (Watford, Pompey) bar QPR and Millwall (Where we sold out what we were given) were on weeknights, is hardly awful.

And it's quality, not quantity ;)

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
21st September, Winter? With a chance to go into the automatic places.

Just like we had no real chance of getting down to Swansea where we took 300. 12.15 start, on Sky, in January. With 1 away win all season. For our average to be just below your Champions League winning team (or so it seems), whereas our closish games (Watford, Pompey) bar QPR and Millwall (Where we sold out what we were given) were on weeknights, is hardly awful.

And it's quality, not quantity ;)

Swansea on a Sunday is easily possible. Not going to look all through your away attendances, got better things to do, and I don't even know how the averages compare, but all of our local games were on Tuesday nights bar Charlton so that's a non runner (and all were basically sell-outs).

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I just think it's hilarious that these Palace posters keep coming back for more on a Brighton forum and thread that was at least half designed to annoy them!!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Just bumped into 1st team player who said that we are definitely talking to Woodgate and, more interestingly, reckons the gossip in the squad is that Gus hasn't spent half of what's available to him.

Bald Gull

Jul 5, 2003
London
Woodgate going to Stoke according to todays Metro. Although it does say we missed out on him along with Leeds.

A link on Newsnow reads: Albion Lead Wolves in Woodgate Race

NewsNow: (woodgate)

Unfortunately though the link doesn't actually take you to the story (which appears to have been taken down) and, given the publication, I imagine they're talking about West Brom rather than us - however, at least it shows that no-one really knows what is going on - and the Metro may well be wrong...

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
338 to Plymouth when you went 2nd in the table.

Good for them, loyal fans.

Yep - 27 more than you took to Cardiff ! - what don't you do Wales?

Your away attendances are a long standing joke - especially considering that London has the best motorway and rail network access to anywhere in the UK. (1,700 to Watford and 2,100 to Millwall :lolol:)

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Originally posted by Moggy

Originally Posted by Glenn-Murray
None of our senior players will be leaving unless a ridiculous offer comes in - as confirmed by our manager and our chairmen. Premiership clubs have been sniffing around Speroni, Clyne, Zaha and Ambrose. We rejected bids for Ambrose (QPR), Speroni (Fulham, deadline day in January), Zaha (Fulham - £2m and KG) and Clyne (countless clubs)

I have never said that Murray as is as good as CMS you idiot. I said that Ambrose is better. Murray is clearly not as good, but he is better than Hoskins and Barnes.

I think potentially even barnes will be better than Murray in another year or twos time

I don't think there was any particular need to include the word 'even' in that sentence !

wakokid

Jun 10, 2011
Lancing

I have never said that Murray as is as good as CMS you idiot. I said that Ambrose is better.is Murray is clearly not as good, but he better than Hoskins and Barnes.

Murray better than Hoskins? is this the same Hoskins that you lot were trying to sign at the end of the season? And is this the same Murray that you lot had never even heard of before he came to you?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here