Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whingy

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Has joined Oxford United, 2 year contract. Couldn't see anything else about it on here. Dropping down a division to league 2.

Good luck to Whingy, always a tryer :clap:

----------------

Slade: I understand Whing’s decision to join Oxford

Defender decides to drop down to League Two

Defender Andrew Whing has turned his back on a new contract offer at Leyton Orient to sign for League Two side Oxford United.

The 26-year-old, who joined the O’s from Brighton last October, was offered a new one-year deal by Orient boss Russell Slade, but he has opted to join Oxford, when his current deal ends with the O’s this summer.

However, the defender goes with Slade’s blessing.

“They have offered him a longer deal, so I can understand his decision as it gives him more security,” said Slade.

“He did a good job for us while he was here and I wish him all the best.”

0,,10433~4860922,00.jpg

and Whingy in new Oxford livery.....

images

Blimey - he's gone bald!!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Good move for him.

I thought 'Dreaming Spires' would be on here, but he disappeared after claiming we wouldn't sell many season tickets and Oxford were going to get promoted.

It was on here previously and the usual suspects were out in force - BensGrandad telling us that he is on his way to non-league football - despite being offered a deal in League One.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Good for him. I like him and there's a fair chance we wouldn't be where we are today without him. He was pretty much the only player not to give up at one point in the "Great Escape" season.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Good for him. I like him and there's a fair chance we wouldn't be where we are today without him. He was pretty much the only player not to give up at one point in the "Great Escape" season.

Not sure about that, I consider the great escape season to be 96/97...which would have Wingy playing for us as an 11 year old!

What impressed me about him was that he gave everything when on loan with us and made it known that he wanted to move back to the Albion permanently rather than stay at Coventry. I ask nothing more of a player than that they want to play for the club and give everything, in that respect I think he was a success, his only problem was the club started to move ahead of his ability as a player. I reckon the move to Oxford will be a good one and expect them to be challenging for promotion next season.

Last edited:

simply the best

Feb 23, 2011
good for him , dont really understand why he would drop a division ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He will be playing at a level that he can cope with. When he arrived from Coventry he was very good but I will have to rack my brain to think of another player that went down so quickly as he did. It is usually said that you dont lose the know how but he did very quickly, so much so that he became a liability as a full back and won the Player of The season based on the fact that he tried, which was more than the other players, not on his ability but hey good luck to him at Oxford.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
He will be playing at a level that he can cope with. When he arrived from Coventry he was very good but I will have to rack my brain to think of another player that went down so quickly as he did. It is usually said that you dont lose the know how but he did very quickly, so much so that he became a liability as a full back and won the Player of The season based on the fact that he tried, which was more than the other players, not on his ability but hey good luck to him at Oxford.

I hope I don't end up as such a mealy mouthed miserable git as you when I get older.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
He's a player who has a love of playing football, and doesn't count all the £££'s like one or two others we could mention.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Nope Grandad... He was useless... Couldn't pass, couldn't run, couldn't stand up... 100% no doubt... but I saw him at 80% once... My sweet lord... it was bad, very, very bad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here