Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whingers

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
With the whinging and the arrogance I am getting seriously pissed of with NSC. Maybe it is systematic of our fans generally but have we forgotten where we have come from?

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
Couldn't agree more. The level of moaning is very frustrating. Some people really do not have realistic expectations if they expect everything to be perfect from he off.

1. It is mass produced food being served to thousands and thousands of people from a limited space. Not all the food will be perfect and you might have to wait a while. If it's a problem eat before you get there.

2. The town has not had to deal with transport for this volume of people for a long time so logistics will need fine tuning. Just give them a chance.

3. Everyone who has ever been to a match before knows if you take a bag to a football match it will get searched and anything deemed a potential missile will be confiscated.

4. The walk ways are fine, just how fat are you?

5. Toilets are going to be busy. Deal with it. Are you expecting one person or something. If you don't like the toilet queue try not guzzling so much booze. Then you might be able to control your bladder.

6. Sorry if you had to sit in the comfort of your car before being allowed to exit the stadium. Anyone who has parked at Bournemouth will know that 40mins to get out is pretty good. As someone else mentioned, buying a space doesn't automatically entitle you to drive to and fro at your leisure.

JUST STOP MOANING. You are starting to ruin what should be one of the best times in our clubs history. If you can't stop moaning please do it to the club rather than the rest of us on here who are totally grateful for the amazing stadium and facilities we have been given.

And relax. Phew. Needed to get that off my chest.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Well said OP and...

Couldn't agree more. The level of moaning is very frustrating. Some people really do not have realistic expectations if they expect everything to be perfect from he off.

1. It is mass produced food being served to thousands and thousands of people from a limited space. Not all the food will be perfect and you might have to wait a while. If it's a problem eat before you get there.

2. The town has not had to deal with transport for this volume of people for a long time so logistics will need fine tuning. Just give them a chance.

3. Everyone who has ever been to a match before knows if you take a bag to a football match it will get searched and anything deemed a potential missile will be confiscated.

5. Toilets are going to be busy. Deal with it. Are you expecting one person or something. If you don't like the toilet queue try not guzzling so much booze. Then you might be able to control your bladder.

6. Sorry if you had to sit in the comfort of your car before being allowed to exit the stadium. Anyone who has parked at Bournemouth will know that 40mins to get out is pretty good. As someone else mentioned, buying a space doesn't automatically entitle you to drive to and fro at your leisure.

JUST STOP MOANING. You are starting to ruin what should be one of the best times in our clubs history. If you can't stop moaning please do it to the club rather than the rest of us on here who are totally grateful for the amazing stadium and facilities we have been given.

This.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
When you get a single spec of dirt on your shiny new car, it's really noticeable. When you got another one on your old car that you knew you were going to replace, you didn't really care. That's the difference.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

:thumbsup: Well said that man! I had to queue for an hour to get back to Mill Road, finally got home 12.30! The reason for this is 16,500 Albion fans turned up on a Tuesdy night to watch a first round league cup game against Gillingham! Fantastic

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I have been to The first 2 competitive games and I just cannot stop smiling. If I was served up the Withdean Gruel I'd still be happy but now I can get a pint of Harveys, a lovely pie (still tasty if cool/cold) sit on a padded seat with leg room and enjoy a thumping stadium atmosphere - all at the club I've supported for nearly 40 years now. My club that went thru the trauma of the Archer years and the very real possibility of extinction. The club we marched and fought for. A club that is now headline news with a charismatic manger and minted, Albion loving chairman. Who gives a flying f*** about queues and toilets and catering and transport. STOP moaning and look at the bigger picture. It's a football stadium and the point of it is to watch and support your team. The experience and exhilaration comes from the stuff that happens on the green stuff and right now we're in a period where we're probably going upwards. Even if you've lumped out for a 1901 ticket - just appreciate the good stuff. And if you're in the stalls just shrug at the teething troubles and remember the Goldstone and Withdean.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I've been staying out of this thread as I instigated the debate about the catering. However, just want to point out that I believe the stadium to be absolutely fantastic. My only concern is that an outside company which was supposed to have expertise in this area is not delivering on its promises so far and improving its problems far slower than in other areas.

Ultimately, that IS extremely important as it affects the club's attempts to create the culture they wanted - whereby people who don't normally eat and drink at matches actually want to arrive early and/or stay late. This is good for revenue and, most importantly, crucial to the success of the transport plans and therefore expansion.

All those who say "it's not a restaurant", "not about the food" etc are missing the point... Albion WANTED it to be about those things too. People highlighting these problems can only strengthen the club's hand if they also believe the catering is below what was expected/promised.

Anyway, enough. Won't mention it again. Call me a whinger if you like but I believe it's a coherent argument - not just a rant. Just want the stadium to be as good as it can possibly be.

Igor Gurinovich?

Mar 27, 2006
Southampton
Just a quick scan of the first page on NSC and I find out that apparently -

a) Our caterers are shit
b) The people operating the big screens are shit
c) The stairways are too narrow

I really can't believe some people. Just compare what we've got now to what we had to put up with for the last 12 years...

There may be the odd thing that is not yet perfect, but please STOP MOANING!

this

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I don't think there have been many GENUINE moans, more like suggestions or observations on improvements. Of course everyone prefers this to Withdean, but it doesn't mean that little bits can't be improved upon. There is always going to be a teething phase and we are in that, people raising queries and suggestions is part and parcel of that process and helps the club.

DanielT

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here