Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whing

Jamie_Seagull

Jun 22, 2010
Worthing
Haven't heard anything, but i think we should keep hold of him, he is great to have as back up to Calderon, but he probably won't like to play second fiddle?!

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
He must be on a fairly hefty wage considering his contract renewal was offered off the back of a player of the season award. I assume he only has 1 years left and if this is the case, perhaps the club can offer to a mutual termination of his contract.

I find it hard to believe that any club in league 1 would be interested, and if they did they would probably be one of the smaller clubs who could not afford his salary.

Shame really, been a decent pro for us over the years but he is not a Poyet player.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If we're going to have 2 players for every position, he's the only one I can think of to back up Calde...... Hopefully there's not some1 really obvious I'm forgetting! Hoyte didn't convince me on loan last season and can't see us signing another right back and paying either a fee or signing bonus when he's a capable back-up already settled. I get the impression he'd be happy on the bench if he got a few games a year, but got frustrated at being 3rd choice (understandable) and missing out completly against Villa.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
If we're going to have 2 players for every position, he's the only one I can think of to back up Calde...... Hopefully there's not some1 really obvious I'm forgetting! Hoyte didn't convince me on loan last season and can't see us signing another right back and paying either a fee or signing bonus when he's a capable back-up already settled. I get the impression he'd be happy on the bench if he got a few games a year, but got frustrated at being 3rd choice (understandable) and missing out completly against Villa.

Him.....or Kishishev

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Whing better than Hoyte from what I've seen...

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Bristol Rovers wanted him, don't know if they still do though

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Is your name Stevie Wonder because you obviously havent seen much of either Whing or Hoyte to form that opinion.

As you say, my opinion,but...

Whing was rightfully player of the season the season before last when he was actually playing... I know you disagree, but maybe, just maybe, your assessment is wrong, and most other fans are right?

Hoyte was consistently poor when he played for us... pace yes, position appalling, distribution worse, tackling non-existent...

I know you think you are some kind of expert, but I am entitled to my opinion...

OK?

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Jut like to say Hoyte was absolute pants in all the games i watched last season he treated the ball as if it was a ticking bomb... would choose Whing over him all the time

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So its not just me then! :)

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I only saw Hoyte for the last 4 home games of the season and i didnt think he played that badly to be honest.

However most on here have admitted he did up his game towards the end of the season ?

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Hoyte went from awful to just about ok in the last few games.

So does anyone know if Whing is back in pre season or has he been told to find a new club?

Last edited:

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
To be fair to Hoyte, he started playing in our defence under Slade when it was an absolute basket case and was then kept out by Calderon. He did look better when he replaced Calde towards the end of last season. I can't see Whing playing for us again. He was good when he first signed for us but now may just be too way past his best.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
didn't Poyet more or less rule out Hoyte saying he didn't want to come on loan just to be second choice, or something?

I didn't think he was quite as bad as everyone says, I'd be prefectly happy with either him or Whing as Calderon's deputy. If either of them are up for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here