• Sign Andrew Whing

Votes: 84 81.6%
  • Offer a new contract to Gary Hart

Votes: 19 18.4%

• Total voters

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Much as i want Hart to stay, would be Whing by a long way.

Having a proper right back made a difference when he was here and it is no coincidence that we have looked poorer since he went.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Now i'm a bit of a Harty obsessive, but long term, Whing is more of a priority.

But who's to say it'll come to that?:)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Why vote on this? It is, as you say, purely hypothetical... Whing is a RB, Harty is a striker turned winger turned RB... Whing is a better RB... Harty is a better utility player, which is a very useful asset to have with our budget... problem is, he is not one of the chosen few under Wendy...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
B.W. said:
Why vote on this? It is, as you say, purely hypothetical... Whing is a RB, Harty is a striker turned winger turned RB... Whing is a better RB... Harty is a better utility player, which is a very useful asset to have with our budget... problem is, he is not one of the chosen few under Wendy...

A test and sense and sentimentality.

We are relatively well stocked for right sided midfielders/attackers. Harty has never been about goals really and with the latest accounts it is clear that we are going to have to add to the team without expanding the squad.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Barrel of Fun said:
A test and sense and sentimentality.

We are relatively well stocked for right sided midfielders/attackers. Harty has never been about goals really and with the latest accounts it is clear that we are going to have to add to the team without expanding the squad.

Why pick on hard, who has hardly ever let the club down? Why not Mayo versus Rents? For me that is an obvious LB vs LB contest, and I know who I thin should get a new contract, and it ain't the testimonial boy... now that would be sense over sentimentality...

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
OGH because he can be used in a variety of positions. His expereince should be put to good use helping our younger players because they sure need it at times.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I am not picking on a player at all. Just selecting a practical scenario and which our fellow fans would rather. Some tough decisions are going to be made.

For the record, I would keep him, unless there is more to this than meets the eye.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I wonder where Paul Reid figures in this discussion? He was listed at right back and previously was a midfielder.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Whing. Fresh blood and a quality player for our level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here