Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whing gets early call back

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
he would have gone back before west ham or we will buy him before then and he will play anyways

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
cjd said:
Think you,ll find it,s got much more to do with the fact, that Adams wants Revell .......Albion aren,t interested.....Adams having a tantrum and trying to put more pressure on us.
I doubt it. Micky Adams could be out of a job by the time the transfer window opens, he isn't really in a position to be playing games with us.

It is a blow though. :( P.Hinsh hasn't even made the bench this season... maybe Hart or Elphick...

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
"Where exactly does all this Coventry want Revell talk come from?"

.......the fact micky adams has been to watch him 3 times AND also when he said "i'd quite like to sign him"

kinda give it away.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bluejuice, you talk a lot of sense there.

Silent Bob said:
I doubt it. Micky Adams could be out of a job by the time the transfer window opens, he isn't really in a position to be playing games with us.

It is a blow though. :( P.Hinsh hasn't even made the bench this season... maybe Hart or Elphick...

Actually a lot of players have played at right-back in previous weeks, I think it will be which one of Rents and Mayo that doesn't get played at left-back.

I agree with you that Adams looks in trouble at Coventry. Significant and growing number of fanbase constantly on his back and going rapidly backwards from the 8th place of last season. This could even be the chairman recalling all the players for a new manager to run the rule over!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Apparently the crowd at the Ricoh Arena were calling for Adams' head on Boxing Day.

So you can't really blame the guy for looking after #1, although if Whing plays for them the way he did in the first half against Yeovil, Cov will be down by March.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Any chance of getting Micky Adams in as a loan co-manager, with a view to a permanent deal???

Whing has been tremendous for us, this is a bitter blow, particularly given the uncertainty of Bowditch's injury situation :nono:

Frutos said:
Any chance of getting Micky Adams in as a loan co-manager, with a view to a permanent deal???

Coventry would be his second failure at midtable Championship level after Leicester. He could very well be back down to League 1 level if that happens.

1066gull

London Irish said:
Coventry would be his second failure at midtable Championship level after Leicester. He could very well be back down to League 1 level if that happens.
Third time lucky than when he manages to take us up in to the Premiership with Wilkins when we have Falmer:clap2: :clap2: :albion:

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
The Complete Badger said:
He can have 100 failures AND we have Mourinho in charge. I don't care - I'd still have him back without a second of hesitation:bowdown:

After he walked out on us, having previously said publicly how disappointed he was not to get the Southampton job in 2001? It never works the second time round for a manager, or in very rare cases.

Given the parlous state of our defence prior to Whings arrival and its robustness since this is indeed a bitter blow.

The more stable platform at the back has given our midfield and forward youngsters the confidence to push on and improve. How we cope with this is a real test for wilkins and his young squad.

I hope we can still capture Whing in the transfer window.

This all give the carlisle game an extra bit of spice, given we have lost two on the bounce and now have to look at how the squad shapes up for the second half of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here