Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whing .. excellent 2nd half display

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I thought Andrew Whing was superb in the second half on Tuesday when he appeared to switch to cental defence after ElAbd's injury. Won everything in the air and a real towering performance. Don't know whether he's played there before, but looked excellent.

Didn't see any player ratings for the game, but he was one of our best performers in what was, except for the last ten mins or so, a fairly mediocre performance. I know we were playing ten against eleven for much of the game, but most of our passing was woeful.

Also impressed with Alistair John. Our revival in the last fifteen minutes coincided with his introduction. The kind of player who can really make things happen. He should start on sat (if Charlton will let him play), if not definitely on Tuesday.

And what's happened to Lynch? So impressive early in the season, but now I get nervous every time he gets near the ball. Kerry should get the LB spot back although he should probably play the ElAbd role in midfield until Adam is back. Rents would be a better bet at LB than Lynch on current form.

wallington seagull

Sep 8, 2003
Agreed, when i saw what Wilkins was doing with the formation, i thought why swap Hinsh and Whing? but, it was indeed a masterstroke.
Alistair John looks like he has a trick or two and certainly has pace. he was also well up for the celebrations at the end!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Titanic said:
Mods! Mods! another thread for 'Childish Ramblings'.

Yup, apologies for screwing up the board with a football related thread. It won't happen again ....

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
From what I've seen of him, Whing is definitely a solid performer at this level. I would be delighted if we could sign him up.

To hear he played well at centre half is no surprise - as I think quality footballers are usually very adaptable... it's about reading the game and basic skills, which he certainly has.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I really rate Whing.

He's the best right back i've seen play for us in my relatively short time following the club

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here