Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whilst you wallow in self pity and depression

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just answer me one question.

Would you have settled for our current position and those around us before a ball was kicked this season?

I would have been thrilled, but our great results earlier this season have clouded the issue. We are still well capable of surviving as there are 4 or 5 other teams that are catchable. A bit of luck and loads of fighting spirit, that we know this team and manager have, are all that's required.

What we don't need are a load of defeatist whinging fans writing us off with so much to play for, how will that help the team? You'll have all summer to be depressed IF we go down so let's get behind the team and cut the defeatist crap.....please

Last edited:

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
You're right, though we have just lost six on the bounce.

Looking at the remaining fixtures, ours do look tricky, but probably not as bad as Watford have. I can't see them picking up many more points now, which makes Saturday's game vital.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Spot on Icy.

This feels ten times worse than the last time we were in this position, as this time round we were so close to being safe only a month or so ago that none of us really saw this coming.

The saving grace this time though is that there are still 4 or 5 teams down there with us, all well within reach, and still seriously struggling - we only need to finish above ONE of them to avoid the drop. If we can just break this losing streak, I'm sure we can overhaul one of them and beat the drop. Even a point on Saturday could get us out of the bottom 3 if Gills lose at home to Burnley, or Coventry get beaten at West Ham.

Obviously I'm shit scared as well now, but I can't believe how many people here seem to have thrown the towel in already. We're not adrfit, still within striking distance of 17th, and there's EVERYTHING to play for.

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Good thread, I too am sick of the defeatist attitude by a large number of posters. It goes without saying that Watford and Crewe are in appalling form. Watford are only two points ahead of us in 17th place. One Albion win could change everything. Reality check, people!

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Icy Gull said:
Just answer me one question.

Would you have settled for our current position and those around us before a ball was kicked this season?

I would have been thrilled, but our great results earlier this season have clouded the issue. We are still well capable of surviving as there are 4 or 5 other teams that are catchable. A bit of luck and loads of fighting spirit, that we know this team and manager have, are all that's required.

What we don't need are a load of defeatist whinging fans writing us off with so much to play for, how will that help the team? You'll have all summer to be depressed IF we go down so let's get behind the team and cut the defeatist crap.....please

I really am not sure how you can put a good spin on losing 6 games in a row and blowing a 6 point gap

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I know what you are saying and I to a certain degree agree.

However, we must face facts .

we have lost 21 games this year and only won 12!!!!

This is why we are where we are.

I have been to the majority of games this year and yes we did win at West ham etc etc, but on the balance of play at those games we were somewhat fortunate.

We have not dominated a single game this year that I can remember and our lack of goals is a telling factor.

I am not ennamered with some of MM signings, McCammon, Nicholas, Shabeen, but think that the development of Hammond and Harding, Hinch etc is a positive that outweighs the negatives.

I really do question playing Oatway and Jones, and I am afraid that Tanks performances since Cullip left have been less than commanding, certainly in the last few games.

Before anyone throws the Falmer card, I do appreciate the financial constraints, but relying on freebies and people coming back from serious injuries ( McCammon and this new centre back) is a recipe for disaster and we are facing the very real prospect of dropping out of a division we looked comfortable ony 6 games ago.

I think I have every right to be totally f***ed off with the situation and I as still very concerned at the attitude of DK on Talksport. I wonder if the consensus of opinion at the Albion has shifted away from confidence in Falmer to despair in that Sheepcoat is going to be recommended!!!!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
dave the gaffer said:
I have been to the majority of games this year and yes we did win at West ham etc etc, but on the balance of play at those games we were somewhat fortunate.

dave the gaffer said:
and we are facing the very real prospect of dropping out of a division we looked comfortable ony 6 games ago.

You have seen more games than me, but we have never looked comfortable. It would be a major achievement to finish fourth from bottom, as it most thought at the start of the season.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
McGhee said we would always lose more than we win and it would be a struggle.

Time to get real people.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
whereever we will be,we are the famous b&h albion fc,never expected us to do anything like most this season,false position most of the season,whatever lets carry on loving this club,in this div or the next ,who cares:wave: at least we still have a club,and enjoy the rollercoaster:clap2:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Re: Re: Whilst you wallow in self pity and depression

KinkyGoebels said:
I really am not sure how you can put a good spin on losing 6 games in a row and blowing a 6 point gap
It was a 10 point gap after Millwall. :nono:

I know what you are saying but you can't help becoming depressed after losing six games on the trott, the amount of penalties and sending offs we have had.

however, it is still very tight and any 2 teams from 9 could still go down. however, Watford and us are the free falling teams, they have more points than us and our goal difference is truely awful now.

i am trying to remain positive, but a result is now needed on sat

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Easy 10 said:
The saving grace this time though is that there are still 4 or 5 teams down there with us, all well within reach, and still seriously struggling - we only need to finish above ONE of them to avoid the drop.

Are you sure about that, Easy? You seem to have already removed Nottingham Forest from the equation. That's a bit dangerous, isn't it? They certainly aren't relegated yet. Three points for them tonight at Coventry and they're right back in the thick of the battle.

We're playing to avoid two places, not one.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
silky1 said:

Looking at the remaining fixtures, ours do look tricky, but probably not as bad as Watford have. I can't see them picking up many more points now, which makes Saturday's game vital.

They'll get three points on Saturday against us.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Laughing Bluebird said:
Are you sure about that, Easy? You seem to have already removed Nottingham Forest from the equation. That's a bit dangerous, isn't it? They certainly aren't relegated yet. Three points for them tonight at Coventry and they're right back in the thick of the battle.

We're playing to avoid two places, not one.
Any team that finishes below Forest will be relegated IMO. They have a bad run-in and are still 5 points from Albion, albeit with two games in hand.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Simster said:
Any team that finishes below Forest will be relegated IMO. They have a bad run-in and are still 5 points from Albion, albeit with two games in hand.

No offence but you came on here after the Millwall game saying you thought we were all but safe, so I think your opninions on the relegation run in need to be taken with a large pinch of salt.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Uncle Buck said:
No offence but you came on here after the Millwall game saying you thought we were all but safe, so I think your opninions on the relegation run in need to be taken with a large pinch of salt.
I did indeed, but it's a game of opinions, innit. I must admit that I failed to spot that a seven game losing streak was forthcoming. :(

Anyway, you came on here telling us McCammon was shit and...

Oh yeah - see what you mean. ;)

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
When people have posted their relegation predictions on NSC over the last couple of weeks, many have suggested that Forest will survive. I've believed all along that they will drop. However, it's certainly way too early to write them off yet as Easy seems to be doing.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:

Ouch!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here