Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

whilst this was down I tuned into the Mark Mcghee new contracts

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

D

Deleted User X18H

.......... interview on seagulls world. He wants to give Pirecy, Lee Hammond and Beck a chance to become quite active fringe players but also you can tell he wants a striker and an attacking midfielder this is what Taylor shoud have been doing in 2002 and what Tinselhead didn't have a chance to do PROPERLY PREPARING although MM is off on his hols for 3 weeks. I really think if we can make the Fortess effective we can have a great season in Div 1

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
These contracts are wasting money and will cost us survival me thinks,so i ask where is the famous clear-out i thought would and should have happened.
Players that where crap and couldn't make the 1st team in a poor side last season are getting contracts dear o dear,so its goner be a struggle for sure and it was always goner be that way because not one manager can notice what is needed in the squad yet its as clear as day.:nono:
How about some players with speed for once and skill:lolol:

Not a lot to ask for considering other clubs have these players even in the 3rd division i see wayne gray has gone to southend and he has speed although not much else.:)

Get some players now why they are available before we cock up again and get the left overs yet again.
Its goner be a month loan thing all season thats for sure:nono:

The likes of oatway,hart,watson etc should be gone ,but he they are still here and thats where our funds go and wasted funds.:nono:

Get a grip mc ghee and show us what you have up your sleeve:rolleyes:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Oatway, Hart, Watson. well McGhee cant do anything about them as they all have a year left on their contract, and offloading them would mean we'd pay them for nothing. better to have them then nobody.

I'm not putting down your reply tho, cos I agree there needed to be a clear out of sorts

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I was rather hoping for a mass clear out as well - doesn't look likely and may come back to haunt us :(

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Well at least it isn't mc ghee's fault for these contracts:)
Think we have zero chance of staying up,but not to bothered as we are in the first:clap: :clap: :flameboun

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
bigc said:
who'd take them on loan?(well Watson anyway:rolleyes: )
Thats how crap they are yet they always get to play and can you imagine what sort of players we are up against next season.:lolol:

Whoopy boys next season for sure although i like our defence lots its just the midfield that is a shambles and another decent striker.:drink:

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Hmmm... the tone of this thread is rather negative...

Of the players out of contract who have been offered new deals, I think MM has made only one obvious error... that is the short-term retention of David Lee, who definitely should have been shown the door... how long does it take to assess that this man is not going to cut the mustard?... the retention of Dan Beck and Dean Hammond also on short-term deals may or may not be correct... haven't really seen enough of them to make a sound judgement...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here