Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which winger would be surplus?

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
I think it may mean dicker missing out, play 2 wingers harley and bridcutt in midfield.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
As long as we have Ankergren, dunk, Greer, Bridcutt and CMS, everyone else can be a winger, albeit in a slightly modified role!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
well im wondering if Lua Lua is all he's (was) cracked up to be. maybe a concern he became complacent? also, i wonder if Vicente will play wing or middle, as his general experience, technical ability and fitness concern would be far more suited to dictating the pace from there. runnning down the wing in this leauge he'll just be kicked.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Gus has made it clear he wants different things offered by different players. So LuaLua has the pace, Noone the trickery, Buckley the movement. Mackail-Smith the on-the-shoulder man, Barnes dropping off to find space, Hoskins running in the channels. Are we sure Vicente will be first pick? Or just massively rotated with Kaz, Nooney & Buckley.

2 potential XIs here...even the 2nd XI looks f*cking strong.

------------Ankergren------------
Calderon--Dunk--Greer--Painter
---------Bridcutt--Harley---------
----Buckley--Barnes--Noone----
----------Mackail-Smith----------

-------------Brezovan-------------
Vincelot--El-Abd--Elphick--Taricco
----------Dicker--Navarro---------
---LuaLua---Sparrow---Vicente---
--------------Hoskins---------------

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
The new lad may need easing into the team if he hasn't played for a while.

wunt be druv

Drat! and double drat!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Nobody to miss out,we need a quality squad with class players,we have also got one of the widest pitches in the country and Gus obviously wants to utilise every square inch of it and is bringing in the type of player to do just that.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Dicker, LuaLua, Sparrow, Vicente, Hoskins, Harley, Buckley, Barnes, Noone and McKail-Smith. Ten attacking players to keep happy with a maximum of five spaces if you played a back four and Bridcutt and that's not even considering Bergkamp, Adgestein, Caskey-Forster and Vincelot (if you think about him as a midfielder).

I would still have preferred some more bite in midfield over flair. We've been in danger of being over run in midfield in several games already this year. If Bridcutt is out we are f***ed - I don't see Nav's as a direct replacement and it's a big step up for Kasim/Rodgers. A few out in the January window (if not the loan window) I imagine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here