Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which virus software?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Don't pay for Norton - heap of shite.

NOD32 or McAfee if you're going to pay. Avast or AVG if not.

McAfee ? Are you mad ? It's rubbish ! Most of the sites I've worked at in the last two years using McAfee have been hit by Viruses. Ditto Norton. Agree with the Freebees but according to PC Pro Magazine Avast is the top boy if you're buying. Last year it was Kaspersky which I now use and have had no problems.

ANYTHING BUT McAFEE !

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
McAfee ? Are you mad ? It's rubbish ! Most of the sites I've worked at in the last two years using McAfee have been hit by Viruses. Ditto Norton. Agree with the Freebees but according to PC Pro Magazine Avast is the top boy if you're buying. Last year it was Kaspersky which I now use and have had no problems.

ANYTHING BUT McAFEE !

I've personally not had problems with it; we've changed what we sell in work frequently and McAfee is one we left just due to price rather than shite-ness.

Symantec Corporate/Norton went due to being generally useless, eTrust went due to being far too complicated for a normal user and we're now using NOD32.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I've personally not had problems with it; we've changed what we sell in work frequently and McAfee is one we left just due to price rather than shite-ness.

Symantec Corporate/Norton went due to being generally useless, eTrust went due to being far too complicated for a normal user and we're now using NOD32.

Sorry but I have seen McAfee fail many times both domestically and at corporate level. Last place I worked at scrapped it for Avast as they had so many problems with it. Also, it's rather expensive. Norton I agree is poor and in fact I would rate the free AVG, Avira or Avast over both.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Only two votes for Kaspersky? That's the one I use. Anyone got a reason why not?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Only two votes for Kaspersky? That's the one I use. Anyone got a reason why not?

It's not free and it's not the very cheapest but it's much more highly recommended than most including McAfee and Norton. It's cheaper than the Full AVG and Avast and can be found on Ebay.

I use it and am very happy with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here