Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which unlikely relative have you introduced to the Amex?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I will be bringing my MOTHER-IN-LAW to the game tomorrow. I don't think she's been to a footie match since she was "courting" my father in law over 50 years ago. However, this year she has gradually got more and more interested in BHA, and has been known to ask what the result was on a Saturday evening. And now she actually wants to come to a match!!

I've just ordered my tickets for the West Ham game. Curiously ... my first visit to Upton Park was in the company of my (then) mother-in-law. A Boxing Day game against Spurs. Mervyn Day played a blinder in goal.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
I will be bringing my MOTHER-IN-LAW to the game tomorrow. I don't think she's been to a footie match since she was "courting" my father in law over 50 years ago. However, this year she has gradually got more and more interested in BHA, and has been known to ask what the result was on a Saturday evening. And now she actually wants to come to a match!!

My son's girlfriend who had never been in any football stadium, didn't understand any rules let alone the offside rule and even asked if the ref was the guy in black in the middle? She's arty and into drama/film/music but not any sport. We still took her to the Amex though.

Yet she had a great time singing and cheering when we scored!

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
My dirty uncle barry

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I saw my uncle at Liverpool......I thought he supported Arsenal :shrug:

Bagpuss

Sep 27, 2010
My cousin's 9 yo son (don't know what that makes him to me....2nd cousin maybe?), he lives in Hong Kong and was visiting the UK for the first time last summer, first time we had met also, so I decided to take him to a game, Gillingham in the Cup. I got him a shirt with his name and fav number, program etc. He loved it, his 1st proper footie match, he loved the pre-match, the game and afterwards, he joined in with all the songs and was still singing them round the house days later. He went to London wearing his Albion shirt and he wore it on his flight home to HK!

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
My cousin's 9 yo son (don't know what that makes him to me....2nd cousin maybe?), he lives in Hong Kong and was visiting the UK for the first time last summer, first time we had met also, so I decided to take him to a game, Gillingham in the Cup. I got him a shirt with his name and fav number, program etc. He loved it, his 1st proper footie match, he loved the pre-match, the game and afterwards, he joined in with all the songs and was still singing them round the house days later. He went to London wearing his Albion shirt and he wore it on his flight home to HK!

The power of the Amex!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here