Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which unknown Support Act did you see who later went on to become famous

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
At the university (poly?), I guess it was either Grand Parade or Lewes Road, back in 1982 or 83? I'm not local so was bundled in the back of mate Charlie's mini, can't be sure if it was Theatre of Hate supporting. To be fair, it wasn't exactly the finest gig of all time, but as a 16/17 year old it was an event, I still play their album regularly, and The Cults 'Sonic Temple' is a masterpiece from their later years.

Was definitely Southern death Cult supporting Theatre of hate and I thought it was the Top Rank but could be wrong. Billy Duffy was playing guitar for Theatre of hate, hence the connection with Ian Astbury when they formed the Cult. Although SDC hailed from Bradford, Barry Jepson who played bass is now a lecturer at BIMM in Brighton. Small World!

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I didn't but my elder brother saw Sparks in the early 70s in London and they were supported by the unknown band 'Queen'

My favourite support I'd never heard before were The Magic Numbers when they supported The Charlatans at Brixton a few years back (probably still a "who?" though)

I saw the Magic Number support (the great) Brian Wilson at the Dome a couple of years ago - vg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here