Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which Sussex team would you most like to see join the Albion in the league?

The Orange Seagull

Time Traveller
Jul 8, 2004
Stuck in the 80's
Brovian said:
Like Fran my answer is currently 'None'. I love to see Sussex sides doing well and I was genuinely pleased for Lewes when they won promotion.

However (and feel free to call this paranoia) I think at this moment if another Sussex side gets in the League it could damage us. Not only by taking support but also they'd have their own youth set-up and would take players who would otherwise probably come to us. Perhaps when we get Falmer and are playing regularly in the Champions' League (as opposed to The Championship) I may feel differently but until then I like the fact that we're the top dogs and the others 'know their place'.

I'd imagine that quite a few sussex non league clubs are hoping Falmer gets turned down and it goes tits up for the Albion with the club folding,so that it increases their own fanbase and revenue.(I know some Eastbourne fans do!)

If the worst came to the worst,I would hope that the Albion fans would come together to create a new football club along the lines of AFC Wimbledon,but finding a local ground to play on (once again!) could be the biggest problem!

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Crowborough Athletic - The March up the leagues has begun. I struggle to have any affinity with Crawley as its not really in Sussex, and the memories of that FA Cup game when we had trouble outside the Lord Nelson in town with a load of smelly Palace twats singing Palace songs and chanting West Sussex, and then singin anti Brighton songs was all to horrible.

Don't like Crawley, dont like Redhill, dont like palace. And in my humble opoinion all three are sadly interwoven

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
I like Lewes too. Have done exceptionally well to climb the leagues so fast. They would be the smallest town in England to have a league outfit, unless you count Irthlingborough where Rushden play. They could never sustain the support IMHO.

Once Falmer is sorted (let's be positive), and not before, I wouldn't mind seeing Crawley in the league as I think the rivalry would be great. I can't stand the place. Full of Palace supporting London overspill, ghastly.

Geographically, maybe Hastings as they're a good 40 miles away and I reckon they could attract reasonable crowds. Shame that knobhead lottery millionaire didn't pump more cash in.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham, that way when they get to the Premiership and BHA are away to Carlisle I can stay at home and wander down the road to see the SHORE whoop Arsenal 3-0

:p

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Lord Bracknell said:
As for developing the Lewes Stadium, it is, of course, in the AONB and the future National Park - which could be challenging. This didn't stop Lewes District Council approving the new terracing that opened last year, without significant objections from any of the neighbours.

What? Not even from Brighton & Hove City Council? But it's right next door? Won't the crowds and traffic spoil it for the locals?

Back on topic. Haywards Heath, I used to go to playschool under the stand.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
hassocks - come on the mighty robins:clap: :clap:

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Lewes (my home town)

Could you imagine the panic if they did achieve league football though? I remember when they drew Stoke in the FA Cup a couple of years ago. It was the smallest team left in the competition against the biggest. It was one of the few times where a switch in venue would still be allowed, but it would have been fun if the Delilah boys had come down to the Pan!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Withdean 2000, then it might force the authorities to act with a bit more speed.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
........yes I know, they are defunct or something........... it was just a throw away comeent.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
No votes yet for East Grinstead town I see...

Greg (CTFC)

Feb 20, 2004
bhafc4eva said:
Where has all this support for crawley come from they are scum and there players would have to deserve respect just to clean our youth teams boots.

Good to see that idiots get everywhere!

Hopefully the respect for Crawley has come because we're demonstrating ambition both on and off the pitch in terms of (a) Progression into the Conference (b) the support base we're building amongst the local community (4,000+ members of the Junior Reds scheme now), (c) have a good relationship with the local council - and sadly I'm sure there are many Albion fans that wished for that and (d) the quality of the Board, management, coaches and backroom staff and now the players that we're attracting to the club.

I don't think the club would be ready (yet) for the step into league football - 2 or 3 years of, initially survival, then consolidation in the Conference first. We're one of only 6 part time teams I believe, so a move to full-time status would need to happen first.

I'd echo that both Lewes and Eastbourne are progressive clubs, though I think where Crawley has the edge is in the support base potential.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here