Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which Stadium would you bring to Falmer?

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
If you could pick up any stadium in the world and put it at the site of Falmer, which would it be?

I am talking within reason here, so of a similar capacity, i.e. not the Nou Camp! Which stadium would you pick to replace the Amex if you had to?

I Give You:

The AAMI Park - Melbourne

Capacity - 30,050

Aami Park - Facts

Attachments

• aamipark1.jpg
    aamipark1.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 528

Yoda

English & European
Looks a bit like the Eden Project, so wouldn't look out of place for a Cornish team if they got promoted to the Football League.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Very odd question. I'd understand asking it if we'd been lumbered with a cheapo generic flat-pack jobbie like Colchesters or Southamtons, but the Amex has been uniquely designed in tune with the surroundings, and is ball-achingly beautiful as a result.

Therefore, there is no other stadium on the planet I wouild rather have gracing that site.

[edit]

And CERTAINLY not that monstrosity the OP has put up

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Very odd question. I'd understand asking it if we'd been lumbered with a cheapo generic flat-pack jobbie like Colchesters or Southamtons, but the Amex has been uniquely designed in tune with the surroundings, and is ball-achingly beautiful as a result.

Therefore, there is no other stadium on the planet I wouild rather have gracing that site.

[edit]

And CERTAINLY not that monstrosity the OP has put up
We have a much nicer looking stadium than Southampton. It is absolutely fantastic and just looked even more amazing this weekend with all the lights on in the concourse (we checked it out after the game on Saturday). But before we take the piss out of Southampton's cookie-cutter stadium, it's worth mentioning you can walk to their ground from the city centre and pay on the gate when you get there, both of which are a massive plus. IMO, that's why they their gates are so good these days.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
AAMI stadium is pretty nice, I havnt been there my self as I live in Perth but from what I've seen on TV is looks nice and the acoustics are great. Still prefer Amex but

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We have a much nicer looking stadium than Southampton. It is absolutely fantastic and just looked even more amazing this weekend with all the lights on in the concourse (we checked it out after the game on Saturday). But before we take the piss out of Southampton's cookie-cutter stadium, it's worth mentioning you can walk to their ground from the city centre and pay on the gate when you get there, both of which are a massive plus. IMO, that's why they their gates are so good these days.

Aesthetically the Amex has a stunning setting, with the green rolling downland in the background as opposed to the run-down concrete industrial estate backdrop of St Marys.

However, for convenience to get to WITHOUT mucking about with P&R's and trains, I agree that St Marys is in a FAR more convenient location for your walk-up-on-the-dayers. Thats just the price we had to pay for building in an AONB I suppose. Had there been a disused industrial estate somewhere with viable access, we'd probably have gone there.

If only we could have levelled a larger area around the Goldstone, and plonked the Amex there. That would have been FABularse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here