Nov 15, 2006

Attachments

• IMG_0140.jpeg
    IMG_0140.jpeg
    73.4 KB · Views: 31

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've marked rugby, as I play touch rugby. I'm too old to play contact.

I still play cricket but I suspect this will be my last season - I find it harder and harder to move

It's definitely the worst aspect of ageing, I used to do a lot of sports - none particularly well - but as someone who's 68 in a few months, I know that time is not on my side

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The missus and I took outdoor bowls up towards the end of last bowls season both as a sport and to meet folk in the village. Really love it, gets us outdoors and to some of the villages around Sussex. Shame it is seen as an old farts sport in this country, I wish I had had the time to take it up earlier. We have our own clubhouse and bar. Marvellous.

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
Multiple choice question with no Ruel Fox option?

Calling @crodonilson to sort this one out.

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
Used to play rugby and football. Also used to race powerboats as teenager. These days it’s walking cycling and karate trying to get into a human shape.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Football, Tennis and Pickleball.

Pickleball is probably best described as ping pong/tennis/padel - very very popular within my small corner of the world, particularly among the 50-70 ages. A wicked sport and a great workout.
I could see myself taking up pickleball at some point (currently the fastest growing sport in the US), but hopefully only in about 20 years when I can no longer lug my body around a squash court!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I could see myself taking up pickleball at some point (currently the fastest growing sport in the US), but hopefully only in about 20 years when I can no longer lug my body around a squash court!

That’s interesting to know! And it makes sense, low impact, less space required (3x courts to 1x tennis court), way more accessible than tennis, in terms of learning etc.

So much fun, I’d play all day every day if I could.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Not really a sport if you can wear sunglasses whilst doing it. Seems pretty relaxed.

This is easy. :fishing:
Agreed if Cricket is not a sport either. Now THAT is a relaxed and dull sport unless you are batting against a fast bowler or having a ball whacked at you :smile:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Just bowls and beach volleyball for me, the joys of living in a seaside retirement town.

Last edited:

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Had a go at pickleball for the first time a couple of weeks ago, it was great and a proper work out. Sort of half way between Tennis and table tennis

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Have played all of them except Bowls, probably the only one I’m up to now :down:

Must give it a go, I bloody love Boules though and am quite good at it.
Same here!

Last time I played football my knee went, then I played cricket and made it worse bowling, took a great catch but took one in the crown jewels batting . . .it was only practice for the pub team!

Boules makes a lot more sense

Darts and golf aren't sport, just games that score numbers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here