Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which signing so far excites you the most ?

Who floats your boat ?

• Dicker

Votes: 16 14.8%
  • Tunnicliffe

Votes: 46 42.6%
  • Smith

Votes: 16 14.8%
  • Wright

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Crofts

Votes: 12 11.1%
  • None of them

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • Smith

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I voted for Tunni because of the good things ive read about him from Stockport fans.

Im also excited about Wright though cos if he can perform consistantly the way he did against us last season then he is going to be a hell of a good signing.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
ok then who plays in the defence then for you ? what about virgs and elphick you can't drop elphick :bowdown:

We need more than 4 defenders, I'd drop whoever looked poorest in training, probably Virgo.

fenech1elphick1

Apr 3, 2008
shoreham
We need more than 4 defenders, I'd drop whoever looked poorest in training, probably Virgo.

yeah i no we need more than 4 defenders but we would like to keep a consistent back line and team ideally so you would have mc nulty elphick tunicliffe and whing i take it . a young back line there i think to young . even though it looks good would like to have some experience back there to be honest .

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Smith because he really is a class keeper... so good he gets two options on the poll!!!

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
None of them "excite me". However, I am generally excited that we look to be getting the right quality squad together for the new season. We need some big name signings to truely excite people.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
tunnicliffe will be the best in my view. he sounds like a cross between lynch and elphic. good on the ball, commanding physical centre half. i assume he'll partner elphic next year with virgs as cover. i do really hope lynch stays though as a pairing of lynch and tunnicliffe would be flairtastic.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
We make 5 signings of players no one has even heard of and from the reaction in here you'd have thought we had signed Kaka, Ronaldo, Beckham, Benzema and Rooney.
Wake me up when we sign someone DECENT who might actually win a game for us instead of some lower league JOBBER.

SACK THE BALDY CLOWN NOW

SLADE OUT

BLOOM OUT

BROWN OUT

PERRY OUT

NEW PHYSIO OUT

BOOKER OUT

WHITE OUT

NEW COACH WHO ISN'T HERE YET OUT

AND ANYONE ELSE I'VE FORGOTTEN OUT

:angry::angry::angry:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
i voted for the guy who sounds like a 70s american private detective agency... soz im being flippant

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
We make 5 signings of players no one has even heard of and from the reaction in here you'd have thought we had signed Kaka, Ronaldo, Beckham, Benzema and Rooney.
Wake me up when we sign someone DECENT who might actually win a game for us instead of some lower league JOBBER.

SACK THE BALDY CLOWN NOW

SLADE OUT

BLOOM OUT

BROWN OUT

PERRY OUT

NEW PHYSIO OUT

BOOKER OUT

WHITE OUT

NEW COACH WHO ISN'T HERE YET OUT

AND ANYONE ELSE I'VE FORGOTTEN OUT

:angry::angry::angry:

So, just to confirm, you don't want a Brighton and Hove Albion? :shrug: Your call.

SLADE STAY

BLOOM STAY

BROWN STAY

PERRY STAY

NEW PHYSIO STAY

BOOKER STAY

WHITE STAY

NEW COACH WHO ISN'T HERE YET IN!

AND ANYONE ELSE I'VE FORGOTTEN STAY or GET IN.

*ON TOPIC*

Wright excites me the most. To be honest, Dicker doesn't 'excite me' because A) he is a great player, but won't be the flair, the game winner go to player. Markey Wright Wright Wright will be full of flair, and full of excitement down that wing, if he is consistant. But 5 good signings, both spending a little bit, and going for the free/bargin players. good job by Bloom and Slade for now, lets see how it goes though. (not being pessimistic, just realistic - teh season hasn't started yet! But i know we will kick ass!)

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I can't remember us making five signings and me being so bored by it. None of them excite me, none of them interest me, and none of them sound flair. A Jocko keeper is never a good idea, the defender will probably be quite good but dull, Dicker we know, anyone leaving MK Dons for us has to be shit, and signing someone Gillingham don't want and spent last season in the conference is just a sick joke. The fact some people on this site seems to think these mediocre signings turn us into promotion contenders is just farcical. At the moment we're just about doing enough to replace what we've lost (and that was shit too).

Hmmm.... I suppose your pessimism sort of balances out some of the overt optimism here. We really won't know until the team plays. Promotion is not something I'm expecting us to challenge for ths coming season . I'll be happy with mid-table mediocrity and for that we've bought well and still hardly spent anything.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm not pessimistic. I'll criticise when it's deserved, but I don't start any season pessimistic, and I still think we can do well this season. I've been away for the last three weeks and missed all of these signings, so I probably haven't done as much research as most on nsc, but I don't really see anything in any of them that is going to totally transform us from a relegation struggler to a top-end contender. Defensively we already have some decent-ish players and Tunnicliffe sounds like the one genuinely class signing, so I expect us to be strong there. But midfield is where we need a massive overhaul, and what have we got? Some guy described as erratic by MK Dons fans, and a bloke who played for Wrexham last season. Oh, and someone we already had anyway. That's not good enough, not by a long shot. We still need two top-drawer signings in midfield, and unless we get them we won't be top 6. For years now midfield has let us down, and I don't see anything signed so far changing that. Upfront we're weak too. Forster is 35, Murray doesn't want to be here, and there is no proven back-up. A top quality striker has to be brought in. Of course there is still time for all this to happen, and at least we are making signings, but I think we need to be aiming higher if we're going to make an impact this season.

I agree with parts of this but not all of this.

(1) Dicker was part of the team when we were WINNING. As Slade said, we only lost one game when Dicker played (out of a good 6-8 games).

(2) Croft was at Wrexham, but he was also at Peterborough, who got promoted. He was club captain and their best player at Gillingham before falling out with the manager. So his release is a slightly different circumstance to most. Definately better than Loft and Fraser

(3) I'd probably agree with Wright. Not expecting him to turn out to be that great to be honest. But he has to be better than Carole and Mcleod were last season surely? He played 30 odd times for the Dons last year if I am correct.

Yes we definately need two good midfield signings if we are going to be strong challengers for promotion next year, but the players we have definately improve the squad.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Smith for me, nice to have the goalkeeping position sorted out, now just down to the two gentlemen to battle it out, will be great competition but I expect Smith to start at the beginning of the season.

Don't get me wrong, ALL of the other signings excite me too, and I have total faith in Slade...there has not been one signing that I felt uneasy about...and I know that things will only get better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here