Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which Sat-Nav?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
in england just by map.......why get a sat nav - everywhere is easily signposted, the mway network is simple, and u can use streetmap from the net.

300 quid spend on something useful or buy someone a gift.

a) much easier and safer to follow a satnav to a postcode
b) they don't (all) cost £300
c) satnav gives you live traffic updates and reroutes you if necessary - we've saved hours when the "simple" motorways are blocked.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Maybe I've just been unlucky (yet again, with anything electronic) with my Tom Tom, because it's been utter garbage. Genuinely surprised by all the praise on here for them.

I'm a huge fan of TomTom having had one now since the original TomTom One came out, don't think I've ever had a wrong direction from it that I can reall. Have you regularly updated yours by plugging it into your 'my tomtom'? Also, I paid for a map and OS upgrade a couple of years back, it was a major upgrade and contained a lot of new features, and improved useabilty.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I'm a huge fan of TomTom having had one now since the original TomTom One came out, don't think I've ever had a wrong direction from it that I can reall. Have you regularly updated yours by plugging it into your 'my tomtom'? Also, I paid for a map and OS upgrade a couple of years back, it was a major upgrade and contained a lot of new features, and improved useabilty.

Yes, we regularly updated it, but it still kept thinking we were somewhere we weren't. The screen's gone, now, so we can't see anything. It's out of warranty, total waste of money. I think I must just be very unlucky :(

Smudger...

Feb 18, 2011
in england just by map.......why get a sat nav - everywhere is easily signposted, the mway network is simple, and u can use streetmap from the net.

300 quid spend on something useful or buy someone a gift.

If you have seen me trying to follow my wife's directions when she is allegedly reading a map, marital discord always results!! Sat-nav every day, I follow the instructions and she can sing along to th radio, or enjoy the view, instrad of us getting mad at each other

I got a TomTom One off the bay for £40, so not very expensive either.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I have a Mio M400 which is brilliant, especially for manoeuvering around city centres in heavy traffic when concentrating on the road is paramount - cost about one hundred euros in France two years ago

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
If find this is the best....

aa_2011_road_map.jpg

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I had a Tom Tom and it always went haywire down Portsmoutn area,probably due to the radar stations down there.Now have wide screen Garmin,excellent never had bother with it at all....including Portsmouth.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
a) much easier and safer to follow a satnav to a postcode
b) they don't (all) cost £300
c) satnav gives you live traffic updates and reroutes you if necessary - we've saved hours when the "simple" motorways are blocked.

a) how is it much safer....look at the map before your journey and when in traffic / at lights.
b) the thread starter is looking to spend this.
c) most car radios have TA button so one can get local and national traffic.

i just don't get all this sat nav stuff, and never will......no need.

imagine in old times, the great mongolian warriors, or the great taoist sages - "oh, i dont know really where i am going - let me get some exact help".....to know ones destination and how to get there is a core part of being a real man.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here