Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which Presenters/Commentators have stood out for you during the Olympics?....

D

Deleted member 18477

John Inverdale has for years been the best BBC sports presenter by a country mile.

It's good to see the others catch up and, (in Clare Balding and Jake Humphrey's cases) finally overtake him.

John Inverdale has for years been the shittest and most boring presenter on TV by a country mile.

D

Deleted member 18477

Michael Johnson I could listen to all day. I was somewhat surprised when BBC first got this giant of the track as a pundit, and continue to be surprised that they continue to do so.

he prefers the british way of TV to the americans.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
he prefers the british way of TV to the americans.

don't think he was too impressed with his co-presenters at the end of one of the 4 x 400 final when they all admitted they hadn't actually seen who won, too busy shouting on the GB runners. The BBC are usually much less partisan that US broadcasters, mostly I think because we don't usually win much, unlike the US athletes, so I think he was probably a bit taken back by the more partisan approach at this Olympics. There were times you could hear a medal presentation going on but barely a mention & can't remember which medal ceremony it was but Inverdale was talking to Michael Johnson when MJ cut him short, said they are about to play the national anthem of such & such a country then turned his back to face the stadium. I'm sure at previous Olympics we saw lots of medal ceremonies, not just our own with less chit chat about GB athletes who didn't really have much chance of a medal.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Er..no . BBC signed her up from C4. Hardly likely she will leave now . Shes one of the top people there....radio/tv. And proved she has a huge knowledge of many sports...nothing to do about working a bit harder to keep her at the BBC. She's a BBC employee...its the other way around... whether any other channel could now afford her . The Beeb really dont have to work harder to keep her there..she works for them !!!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/aug/13/clare-balding-channel-4-horse-racing?newsfeed=true

so she is going to C4 for the racing but also still working for the Beeb. Sounds like her agent has struck a good deal there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here