Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which political party would you vote for now?

Which Party gets your vote now?

• New Labour

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • Other

Votes: 8 17.8%
  • None

Votes: 5 11.1%

• Total voters

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
The problem with the majority of people in this country is that when they're down the pub, or talking to each other on internet message boards, or whatever, they're all for schools and hospitals to have more money, and for poor and ill people to get a bit of help from the state.

Then it's polling day, they stroll down to the polling booth full of these good intentions. With their pencils hovering above the box, they suddenly think about being a few quid worse off every week as a result of the necessary increases in tax. Then they vote for a party that doesn't intend to increase taxes.

I grew up supporting the Labour party... then they got in just before I did my GCSEs. Eleven grand's worth of debt later, and while I'm still travelling on shit railways that they promised to nationalise and didn't, and while Blair is so far up Bush's arse he's cleaning his teeth from the inside, I've gone off them somewhat.

I'm a mostly-Lib Dem voter (although I've told Charles Kennedy my views on David Bellotti) but don't think they'll be the official Opposition after the next election. What I'd love to see is Labour's majority greatly reduced at the next election. Which means, peversely, we need more people to vote Tory (and although I'd NEVER support them, I think there are a few half-decent Conservative individuals out there). Oh dear, how confusing.

Proportional representation anyone?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I think it unlikely that'll I'l be in a position to vote in England again and frankly I'm rather glad (I don't believe in proxy votes, if you don't live there then you forfeit your right to vote).

Seems to me that until another party can get themselves together suficiently (I wouldn't vote Green after their interference in Falmer and they don't seem to be interested in anything other than enviromental issues) then that Britain has the same problem as here, one right of centre party and one very right of centre party.

Over here people tend to vote for an individual as far as I can tell and I wonder how many peoplee (thos that actually bothered to) put their cross down for Bush as he is Pro life as against Pro choice, a very big issue here. The man had never been out of the US at the time of his victory and indeed has never owned a passport.

The bottom line is be it here or there the vast majority of the populace have become apathetic and skeptical about the parties we have to vote for and I reckon that fewer and fewer people will bother to vote as things stand.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Anyone but New Labour and Tony Blair.

In fact I always said that as a matter of principal I would refuse to vote for any party with the word "labour" in it. Too closely linked with unions, strikes, nationalisation etc etc.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
goldstone said:
Anyone but New Labour and Tony Blair.

In fact I always said that as a matter of principal I would refuse to vote for any party with the word "labour" in it. Too closely linked with unions, strikes, nationalisation etc etc.

Yup, rilly dead principled stance there. 'Greed Is Good' & 'There's No such Thing as Society' you might well have added. And you might also have added that on no account will you pay thruppence ha'penny extra a year on your tax bill to keep the hospitals open and the fire brigade putting out fires. As a matter of principle, like... :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here