Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which paper has the best sports coverage?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The Sun for me, I love the Super Goals pullout on a Monday.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Guardian as it's got lots of European football stuff and like the Indie it has the best rugby and cricket.

I can't see why anyone would read The Sun and the Mirror's sport coverage, it's for kids

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I can't see why anyone would read The Sun and the Mirror's sport coverage, it's for kids

I don't think it's just their sports coverage...

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
The Guardian/Observer are absolutely superb, and most of their writers come up with thought-provoking and entertaining sports articles. Definitely my favourite, and online it's brilliant with their YouTube clip section on a Thursday and their Six Of The Best feature every Friday amongst others.

I did end up reading the sports section of The Sunday Times the other week, and was surprised by how well-written their articles were too - just a shame the rest of that paper is pretty appalling.

I suppose it depends what you're looking for in a sports article though. I can understand why tabloid sports sections do appeal as it's all concise, and more striking with the gossip and everything made out to be dramatic and scandalous.

Even though I prefer the broadsheets for sport, from time to time, the easier read of something like the News Of The World can be by far the better option on the most hungover of Sundays when concentration levels are at a minimum!

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Has to be the Times by a distance for me. Excellent journalists.

I find myself reading about sports i'm not generally interested in as their articles are so well written. From what i've read in other papers, they could all learn a lot from them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here