Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which other championship owners have the resolve of Tony in January

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Didn't we just turn down a bid for him of £8m? Why would we offer him a contract with a release clause of £5m??

I was just suggesting what the parameters might be. The value of each element would form part of the negotiations.
I estimated £5m as currently we stand to get £0.
But you're right, if we are offering a signing on deal, we would want to push for the release clause to be close to his market value.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Derby have already spent £30 million over the last two summers.

This summer's spending was basically break even ish, I've explained that elsewhere but in summary there was the sale of Hendrick (>£10.5m), Shotton, Albentose, Buxton and a £3m loan fee for Chris Martin, we bought in Vydra and Anya. I don't know if we will spend or not, but there's no suggestion we'd need to sell first.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
This summer's spending was basically break even ish, I've explained that elsewhere but in summary there was the sale of Hendrick (>£10.5m), Shotton, Albentose, Buxton and a £3m loan fee for Chris Martin, we bought in Vydra and Anya. I don't know if we will spend or not, but there's no suggestion we'd need to sell first.
Hold on, a £3m loan fee? For Chris Martin? That's hilarious and if true it's an AMAZING bit of business for your lot.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Hold on, a £3m loan fee? For Chris Martin? That's hilarious and if true it's an AMAZING bit of business for your lot.

Between £2.5m and £3m as reported in our local rag, obv I took the higher figure to highlight my point :) I think it WAS an amazing bit of business with Pearson in charge, less so with Schteve.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

It seems that Derby will run it a bit fine for FFP 2015-16? Even with £15 million permitted investment on top of £8 million losses.

Current policy seems to be to sell for new players New Profit & Sustainability rules. That does not rule out the possibility of a major signing(s) for Derby but like Brighton I think is more likely not.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What encourages me most is that we need just 1 player - a striker.

Other teams may be more likely to splash cash, but they need more signings anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here