Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which Olympic sport should be televised more often than every four years?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I know we've had the "favourite Olympic sport" thread before the games started (my vote going to weightlifting), but which of them have you watched and since thought "why don't they televise this more often, it's great"? My vote: archery. Great and highly televisual drama, slightly unexpectedly. Darts for the sober.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Good shout. Those archery targets were bloody miles away, I think Robin Hood and William Tell would have struggled to make the podium.

Hockey deserves more coverage, a lot of people play it in this country and it looks as good as a lot of other more favoured team sports on TV.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Weightlifting means you get to see the snatch of lots of women

BMX, how that is an Olympic sport is beyond me

Archery was good apart from the one SHIT British woman (Burgess)

I found myself quite enjoying the brits in the rowing, but cant decide which one desrevs to be televised more, but the BBC certainly could do with something!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Archery was good apart from the one SHIT British woman (Burgess)
Was she the chunky one who was wobbling around more than Mohammed Ali needing a shit?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Agree with Tooting. There are thousands of hockey players across the country that would tune in and hockey of a high standard is a joy to watch. They rely heavily on funding from the lottery etc. and an extra source of income would do wonders for the sport.

Rowing as well, although it does have quite good coverage.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I think almost any sport is worth watching when there is something at stake. My favourites so far:

rowing (always)
cycling (despite the coverage - we are spoiled with Tour de France coverage)
archery

not:
Badminton
Swimming

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Personally, I'm very PISSED OFF that baseball has been dropped from 2012 onwards. I'd have LOVED to see Cuba v USA at Lords. :love:

But back to the original question, HANDBALL is a great shout. Cracking game to watch and v popular through central Europe. Personally I want to see more of that, along with SOFTBALL and of course "disabled it's a knockout"

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think almost any sport is worth watching when there is something at stake. My favourites so far:

rowing (always)
cycling (despite the coverage - we are spoiled with Tour de France coverage)
archery

not:
Badminton
Swimming

Alas cycling has gone the way of so many other sports.
It's followed the £ to Sky, where as The BBC could have followed olympic success with the track season and thousands of extra viewers.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
The BBC didn`t think cricket worth investing in so they wont bother with many minority sports full stop. ITV :lolol: Its up to Sky I`m afraid.

Why is 3 day eventing in the Olympics ?

Faster, higher, stronger. Yeah as long as its the horse that does it all.

Motor racing ?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
handball is f***ing brilliant

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
Everyone seems to say that until they actually watch it as 90+% of the competitors aren't actually that fit.

but who cares what their faces are like when they are bending over with their tight arses sticking out waiting to receive?

and, to answer the non-specific question in this thread, curling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here