Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which of the Development Squad Impressed You Most Today?

Well?

• Total voters

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Toby impressed me very much - much more skilful than I was expecting.

Hall has shown in one and a bit games, exactly why the club were prepared to let Cook go. Looks excellent.

But voted JFC, because to play as he has, in centre midfield, at the age of SEVENTEEN is astonishing. Incredible prospect.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
JFC looks a real prospect, and Grant Hall very assured today.

Not really long enough to judge the other three, but Agdestein showed a couple of decent touches.

Sampayo got done for the goal, although a yellow card on his debut is almost a recommendation for a first-team spot these days.

I think you have to admit though that although they passed it around nicely and controlled possession for periods with all the kids on, we never for one second looked like winning the match in the last half-hour. Wrexham had all the best chances, we weren't strong enough.

Gus's comments afterwards were very interesting I thought. The guy is genuinely conflicted about what to do in the FA Cup. The injury list is now crippling, and he is scared shitless about picking up any more. That is why CMS was NEVER going to get on once LuaLua was injured, and why Buckley was always going to be hauled off to protect him for the same reason. And yet he played far more senior players than he wanted to as he didn't want to get the club a whole lot more bad publicity by playing the whole development squad.

Then a rejuvenated LuaLua gets injured, and he wishes he'd gone with his instincts. He has to be given some funds, and soon.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Is it realistic for the ‘DS squad’ to get a game in the replay? I’m trying to remember if some of the ‘Big’ clubs have been fined/reprimanded for playing under strength/reserve teams against smaller clubs (No disrespect to Wrexham, or their fans (who were brilliant today)), to give them experience and game-time.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I saw that both Hall and Caskey are on the squad list at the back of the programs now- probably considered part of the first team!!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I voted for Grant Hall, I thought he was comfortably the best player on the pitch today.

Forster-Caskey is going to be in the first team for quite a while now. I hope he doesn't do a Bostock and jump ship, he should prioritise playing football.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I was really impressed with Toby when he came on. I think there's an element that he was completely different to what I expected, but he deffo looks a prospect. How many times have we seen these young strikers come in and look lightweight and scared shitless (Jake R or Holroyd), Toby looks strong and quick, he wanted the ball and showed some nice bits of skill. No end product at this level yet, but I'm not worried about that, I'm sure it will come if he gets more game time.

The likes of Grant Hall and JFC were great, but I kind of expected that already.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Adgestein, taller than I thought and showed some great touches on the ball, quite a bit of pace as well. Would like to see him play alongside CMS.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I've gone for Agdestein because I was aware of what JFC could do. Agedestein looked busy and sharp, where (unfairly) I was expecting a bit of bambi on ice.

TBH all of them did well (Kasim aside - marginally), and all have decent futures - whether here or elsewhere.

It makes the fact that some people booed them off so much more grating, as if booing them in the first place wasn't bad enough.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Is it realistic for the ‘DS squad’ to get a game in the replay? I’m trying to remember if some of the ‘Big’ clubs have been fined/reprimanded for playing under strength/reserve teams against smaller clubs (No disrespect to Wrexham, or their fans (who were brilliant today)), to give them experience and game-time.

I think they've only been fined for fielding under-strength sides in league matches.

Could be wrong, mind.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
I've seen the D'S a few times now. They've all looked good, but in different games.
Hall has looked good in all of them. I was surprised what quick feet Torbjorn has. Not seen that before. The future is bright.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The one that underwhelmed me was Anton but isnt he a YOUTH teamer?

I went for Toby because as TLO says we all KNEW what JFC was all about.

Superseagull69

May 8, 2010
MEDWAY
For me its Grant Hall.

Jake Forster Caskey should no longer be regarded as Development Squad but as the permanent replacement for Harley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here