Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which newspaper do you read?

Which/What newpaper(s) do you read?

• Total voters

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I read most of them online. I accidentally clicked on the times, which I don't read anymore because it's subscription now.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It's quite amusing actually, people that read the Guardian, Observer ect are more likely to turn their noses up at a Sun/Mail reader than the other way around, indeed I walked quite merrily round Lewes last week with my Mail under my arm and no one so much as gave me a second look or suggested I was a fool for buying it, however from the safety of their keyboard many on here love to ram their thought's home, cowardly snobs me thinks!!

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
It's quite amusing actually, people that read the Guardian, Observer ect are more likely to turn their noses up at a Sun/Mail reader than the other way around, indeed I walked quite merrily round Lewes last week with my Mail under my arm and no one so much as gave me a second look or suggested I was a fool for buying it, however from the safety of their keyboard many on here love to ram their thought's home, cowardly snobs me thinks!!

TBH mate i dont think you're in a position to complain about people ramming their thoughts home. You have all the subtlety of a rhinoceros.

Anyway, i don't really read a paper regularly anymore, but will leaf through most if a copy is around

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Do you go around quoting articles as if gospel to people of Lewes? Do you talk about broken britain and all the daily mail hot button topics to the people of lewes making it clear that you're not just reading it for the puzzle page, or for the sports but that it is indicative of your political persuasion and that it paints your view of the country, a view you're only too willing to share with all and sundry whether they engage you in conversation, or just walk past?

To be honest I don't tend to submit to memory every post by every user on here, so, I don't know if you're one of those that post on here citing the mail, etc. but I'm merely pointing out it isn't (just) about cowardly snobbery, it can also be about not judging you simply for holding a copy of the paper, only judging you for taking it to heart, which someone who sees you holding it in the streets of lewes can't do.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Do you go around quoting articles as if gospel to people of Lewes? Do you talk about broken britain and all the daily mail hot button topics to the people of lewes making it clear that you're not just reading it for the puzzle page, or for the sports but that it is indicative of your political persuasion and that it paints your view of the country, a view you're only too willing to share with all and sundry whether they engage you in conversation, or just walk past?

To be honest I don't tend to submit to memory every post by every user on here, so, I don't know if you're one of those that post on here citing the mail, etc. but I'm merely pointing out it isn't (just) about cowardly snobbery, it can also be about not judging you simply for holding a copy of the paper, only judging you for taking it to heart, which someone who sees you holding it in the streets of lewes can't do.
When they ran the article about the council somwhere in the north of England bugging the weelie bins, I went straight out to mine to check.:thumbsup:
Oh and I never cite the Daily Mail unless somone on here slanders or indeed judges me on the basis of which paper I read!:thumbsup:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The Abergavenny Chronicle, Racing Post and the Argus (online).

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
How is the Daily Express still functioning, hardly any readers on here and I almost never see anybody reading it on the train or anywhere else for that matter?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

You have to give the good (!) people of Lewes the benefit of the doubt as they may generously have considered that you were delivering the paper to an elderly blue rinse aunt!

I should add that long ago I gave up reading newspapers as regardless of their political persuasion they always completely distorted any news item to reflect their agenda. Get most of my news from bbc.co.uk and then maybe further web research to back up facts etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here