Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Millenium Stadium - just

yesterday was superb , but it can't compete with cardiff

Elms

May 11, 2004
Horsham
The play-off final was one of the best days of my life, but football-wise I have never been as proud to support the Albion as I was yesterday. Awesome.

We were awesome yesterday (got a last minute ticket- phew!), but the Playoffs was about pure grit. We ground out that result against Bristol City and the pride associated with that extends to an entires season's work, as such it wins for me.

That said, yesterday was one of the most complete (there I go stealing McGhees words) Brighton performances I have seen in many a year. It also won me a tenner off the Spurs fan at work! (I had cunningly negotiated a 3 goal head start for us, by flattering his 'big club' ego).

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The Laughing Bluebird said:
The good old British losers mentality shines through again, as more people express pride in a defeat rather than a victory.....

:nono: :shootself

You really are a tiresome twat.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Go f*** yourself, shithead.

:salute:

Good comeback:rolleyes:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Bwian said:
Good comeback

It would've been impossible to match the rapier-like thrust of your witty 'tiresome twat' remark, so I didn't even try.

Trish

Jul 5, 2003
Difficult question, Lush. There was some emotional stuff at The Mil.Stad., like GOSBTS being played after the match, *sniff sniff*, and it was a fantastic achievement for the Club. But yesterday all eleven players played their hearts out, and I was proud of every one of them. It was also a cracking game to watch - so the Spurs game gets my vote.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
magoo said:
Play-off final easily.

I had a lump in my throat then but not yesterday. But maybe i would have if i'd HAD A F*CKIN TICKET!

You should have said!

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Cardiff was a great day out, but yesterday was the best performance by a Brighon team I have personally seen for a long tme. The passing and movement and team work was outstanding. The game at Cardiff was pretty poor whereas yesterday had some great football and great goals.

The good old British losers mentality shines through again, as more people express pride in a defeat rather than a victory.....

:nono: :shootself

Not sure that's the case.

The question, as I understood it, was about the team's performance, not the day in general.

I don't think anything will ever top the Play-off final for occasion, pride and all round emotion, but football-wise it was hardly a classic. Bristol were extremely poor and we weren't much better. Yesterday we played some really good football and at times made a top Premier League side look very ordinary.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Born in Cardiff, lived here all my life. Adopted at birth. Natural father English, natural mother half English half Indian, adopted mother Welsh, adopted father half Russian half Polish (but he was born in Abercynon and has a strong Welsh accent!).

Work that one out!

egilible to play for Ireland under Jack Charltons rules then?;)

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I wonder what the result might have been at Spurs if we had lost the play-off final and were still in League 1.

Would we have had the same players (probably) - but what would our confidence/form have been like given that we would almost certainly have been top 4 and winning regularly all season.

I suspect our Xmas form coming into the game has helped enormously to up the confidence.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Play off final meant so much more. We won ,more fans there and got promoted again. if we hadn't won that match we wouldn't have made round 3 to play Spurs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here