Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which little bit of Sussex...

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I am away in Yorkshire all next week and when I return, its always the sight of the downs especialy if its light when and you see Hurspierpoint (church spire) at the foot of the hills.

Hmmm, agreed, there's a point coming down the A23, just past Warninglid, when you can see Hurstpierpoint just in front of the Downs, and I think I'm home.

hurst%20south.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
trinity.jpg

From the church in Hurstpierpoint towards the Downs.

There's also spectacular views from up on the hills in the west of the county, where Goodwood is located. Not really been there much, so it's not so much of an indicator of home, but as a reminder of how lucky we are to live in Sussex.

Voice of Reason

Jan 7, 2006
Hailsham
Eastbourne seafront, when all the holidaymakers have gone home. Best in January on a sunny day. Love just walking along there on a Sunday morning. Great.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Probably Upper Rock Gardens where I grew up. My parents (and me) lived in the middle flat of number 32, grandma was in the top flat, and my uncle David in the basement flat!

We bought number 27 across the road, I think it cost dad £14,000 at the time and ran it as a guest house. We called it the Georjan (as dad is George and mum was Janet) which I still think it's called today (25 years since we left!).

All that area, the off licence on the corner, the Leconfield Arms (which has ALWAYS been a dump), Lumleys sweet shop, Grenvilles corner shop the bric-a-brac shop run by the old bloke who always wears sunglasses, Brighton Boys Club.....whenever I come back to Brighton and go up Edward Street I feel like I'm home.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
whenever I come back to Brighton and come up Edward Street I feel like I'm coming home.

Would it be inappropriate to write "lucky old Edward" at this point?

:p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here