• Ben Roberts

Votes: 42 80.8%
  • Michael Kuipers

Votes: 10 19.2%

• Total voters

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
The words Ironic and undroppable were in your spelling test at school I pressume this week Sammy ?....:lolol:

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
I fear that whoever is the number 1 will be busy.

I was pleased when we signed Roberts because every successful team needs to build from the back, but with only 16 days to go we still need a quality centre back, a midfield player who can put his foot on the ball and distribute, and 2 strikers.

That is a very conservative minimum.

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
SAmmy - I'll join the Ben Roberts fan club how do I join?! He looked quality at Woking last night was nice to see a keeper who could actually kick the ball on the pitch - thought he looked eager to play as well which is also good!

Sorry Kuipers but until you;ve got a bit of confidence back there is no competition for me.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Ben Roberts.

Have we still got Flahaven on trial. He was excellent for Southend, a couple of Southend fans i know have only got good things to say about him. wishing they still had him

Percy Tantrums

Jul 14, 2003
Brighton
I've voted for Ben Roberts but I expect that Kuipers will make a good challenge for the No 1 spot. We've got two good keepers. We just need two good strikers and anothe rmidfield player.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
It has to be Roberts. Kuipers is an excellent shot stopper but is weak on crosses and his distribution is poor.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Sorry, Voro, but I believe Kuipers is excellent bordering on brilliant in ALL departments (shot stopping, crosses, narrowing angles, calling) except distribution.

Because of this one downside, Roberts shades it, but it's great we have two quality keepers in the reckoning. Personally, I think if Roberts was not around, I would still be delighted with Kuipers. Every player is entitled to the odd dropsy. Plus, if Roberts' confidence drops, that would imply by default that Kuipers' confidence would increase.

Also, I believe that Kuipers (along with Zammo), secured the Div 2 title for us in 2002 - especially the Bristol City game. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here