Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which England player will go above and beyond tonight?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Who'll get the star marks and be all over the front/back pages tomorrow.

Stevie G?
Terry?
Hart?
Waynedinio?

Somewhat left field I'm going for Andy Carroll, assuming he plays.
I think his time is NOW.

I would do a poll, but can't be arsed.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I think Rooney will be on fire tonight !!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Joe Hart. "LIONHART!!!"

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Stevie G will boss the game, set up two goals, we win yet he gets a yellow card and misses the semi final

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Scott Parker will go above and beyond (with studs showing) on Balotelli, I reckon.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Hope RH drops, Milner, young and wellbeck, and brings in Walcott, Oxo and Carrol. Stay solid at the back and attack with pace, then I believe we will win in 90 mins!

Not gonna happen though is it? Dreaded pens is my guess.

Dr JCL

Jul 18, 2011
This, I can understand Milner is good defensively but overall is woeful. Much rather start Walcott on the wing!

I thought the same until I read an article by Barney Ronay in the Guardian (which I can't link to but is titled 'James Milner, England's King of Continual Peripheral Motion'. It seems that Milner fits Hodgeson's system perfectly, and although his final ball and ability to beat his man are lacking, what he has brought to the team has been very valuable to our achievements thus far. Theo and the Ox can offer pace and penetration once the game becomes stretched (which, against a relatively weak Italian defence, may prove vital).

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Hope RH drops, Milner, young and wellbeck, and brings in Walcott, Oxo and Carrol. Stay solid at the back and attack with pace, then I believe we will win in 90 mins!

Not gonna happen though is it? Dreaded pens is my guess.

I was thinking a similar thing. We should have enough defensively to handle the Italians attack, it's all about breaking them down. With Rooney, Carroll, Walcott and hopefully the Ox can REALLY hurt them. Agree though that I very much doubt Roy will change things at this stage...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here