Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which decade did you first go to a seagulls game?

Which decade did you first attend an Albion match?

• Total voters

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Very start of the 1990s. Started going regularly when Liam Brady was in charge, we started getting some decent crowds, and stayed in what is now League One. Standing in the North Stand was awesome. Loads of singing, the smell of cigarettes and hot dog stands, PC Beard.... oh God what has happened to football it's so f***ing sterile now :cry:

Same. Started going regularly in 1991.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Sat 6th Nov 1983....Brighton 1 - Man Utd 0.

Dad took me for the first time and got bitten by the bug. I'll never forget it, thanks Dad where ever you are.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
late 1980s - although i dont remember any games until the 1990s

Dandyman

In London village.

New Year's Day 1983 v Watford. Dreadful game (first of many!) 1 - 1 draw, I think Ward was on loan from Forest. Got programme off eBay recently, in it Jimmy Melia gives the opinion that he had a sneaking feeling that 1983 would be a classic Cup season for the Albion. But then managers don't usually say "I think we will have a crap run in the FA cup going out in our first tie against a struggling non - league side"!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Mid 80's I think bit too young to remember them though

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
1910 and I have the ticket stub to prove it.

Ok then...1990. First game vs Millwall. Sammy Nelson (Ex-Brighton) took me as part of a school trip. Up until 10 I was a Liverpool 'fan' (I had the scarf and all), but I saw the error of my ways.

If you were nearby (South Stand), I apologise for the disgraceful chanting - "2-4-6-8 Who do we appreciate? Brighton! 2-4-6-and a quarter - who are we going to slaughter? Millwall!" :blush:

It was 0-0. Destroyed the programme on the way back home, but a very kind NSC'er donated me a copy. :bowdown:

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
started in the mid 60's sneaking in for the last 20 mins when the north stand gates were opened to let people out early( yes they left early even then) and climbing the chicken run fence (corrogated iron in those days) to sneak into reserve games.
then i wised up and joined the St Johns to get a nice seat on the perimeter

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
7th birthday treat :jester: Brighton v Mansfield 2/4/77
think we won 4-2 and they had a player sent off

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here