Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which decade did you first go to a seagulls game?

Which decade did you first attend an Albion match?

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just thought it would be interesting to see how long people have been the following the super seagulls, so when did you first attend the Goldstone, Gillingham or Withdean?? Poll to follow...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Don Quixote, how old are you fella?!!!

Legend

Prince Of Darkness
Jul 5, 2003
Lancing
1977 for me

1950s. Newport County v Brighton & Hove Albion, Third Division (South), at Somerton Park.

I trust that I can be forgiven for not supporting the Albion at the time. That had to wait until the 1970s.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
Very start of the 1990s. Started going regularly when Liam Brady was in charge, we started getting some decent crowds, and stayed in what is now League One. Standing in the North Stand was awesome. Loads of singing, the smell of cigarettes and hot dog stands, PC Beard.... oh God what has happened to football it's so f***ing sterile now :cry:

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
1976 for me... Don't remember much about it (only 6) apart from the fish and chips afterwards, and the wierd feeling of actually walking into the ground and seeing the pitch for the first time and how fvcking big it all seemed.

1950s. Newport County v Brighton & Hove Albion, Third Division (South), at Somerton Park.

I trust that I can be forgiven for not supporting the Albion at the time. That had to wait until the 1970s.

No, no you can't, self flagelation is the only way to atone..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here