Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which countries do you not like winning medals?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Agreed on China - it's time for the British public to get even more partisan - boo and heckle the Chinese to really put them off their game. The tossers.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
USA and possibly the Aussies.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Wales

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
China, USA, Australia and now Japan.
I cheered ridiculously loudly when France beat Australia (I think it was them...) to the Gold in the swimming relay yesterday.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Don't like seeing China win but they were always shit until 8 years ago. Before that, the Eastern bloc nations used to dubiously carve up medals. I should imagine the cheating is less prevalent amongst Chinese athletes though, and they ought to win lots of medals owing to their population.

The USA are also tiresome. Always pleasing to see them endure disappointment, such as they just did in the gymnastics.

I don't mind Australian and French wins, as long as they finish below us in the medals table, but do enjoy seeing them lose when they are favourites. So it was great to see France win in the swimming relay at the expense of an Aussie medal last night, and similarly I would love to see France f*** it up in the handball.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
USA for me. I haven't forgotten the 2 times they hosted the games and the ridiculous whooping an a hollering we had to listen to.

Their fans have turned me off golf for 3 of the majors now.
"Get in the hole ball" ...... God I,d like to punch one of the twats who shouts that out.
Not the Olympics but you know what I mean.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
USA for me. I haven't forgotten the 2 times they hosted the games and the ridiculous whooping an a hollering we had to listen to.

Their fans have turned me off golf for 3 of the majors now.
"Get in the hole ball" ...... God I,d like to punch one of the twats who shouts that out.
Not the Olympics but you know what I mean.

Indeed.

Dec 29, 2011
China, USA, Australia and now Japan.
I cheered ridiculously loudly when France beat Australia (I think it was them...) to the Gold in the swimming relay yesterday.

Think it was USA that were 2nd, I like France winning because they don't win much. Hardly a threat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here