Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which clubs won't leave the Premier League...

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
Within the next 50 years? Who in your opinion is guaranteed to stay there?

(Obviously the league structure could change in those 50 years)

D

Deleted member 18477

Man Utd
Man City
Chelsea
Liverpool
Arsenal
Villa
Spurs
Everton

i'd be AMAZED if any of them got relegated.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Man Utd
Man City
Chelsea
Liverpool
Arsenal
Villa
Spurs

Trouble is, absolutely anything can happen in 50 years. 20 years may have been a better question. What if Roman walked away from Chelsea - they were on the verge of bust before he stepped in, if he left they could have trouble - just an example.

D

Deleted member 18477

Trouble is, absolutely anything can happen in 50 years. 20 years may have been a better question. What if Roman walked away from Chelsea - they were on the verge of bust before he stepped in, if he left they could have trouble - just an example.

True. i could see another owner stepping in though. although yes 50 years is a very very long time and i might just about see the end of the 50 years if im lucky!

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
If you'd told me when I was a kid that Nottingham Forest would be relegated from the top flight, I'd have thought you were a bit simple. If you went on to say that they'd spend at least 13 consecutive seasons in the lower divisions of English football, I'd have thought you insane.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Man Utd
Man City
Chelsea
Liverpool
Arsenal
Villa
Spurs
Everton

On the one hand I agree, but football can change quickly. Ten years ago I would have never have imagined Leeds getting relegated from the Premier League.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Wigan will never be relegated. :) They'll survive every season somehow and good for them as they're a small club punching above their weight.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Man Utd
Man City
Chelsea
Liverpool
Arsenal
Villa
Spurs
Everton

Not sure i'd agree with Man City, it was only 12 years ago they were in the leAgue one play off final.

elbowpatches

Jul 7, 2003
Cambridge
Manchester United were relegated in 1974, 6 years after winning the European Cup. Anything can happen in 50 years.

D

Deleted member 18477

On the one hand I agree, but football can change quickly. Ten years ago I would have never have imagined Leeds getting relegated from the Premier League.

true. well the original question is a bit stupid as obviously no one is guarenteed to stay up really. I was amazed when leeds and newcastle got relegated. and i was very happy as well!

like i said i would be amazed if these teams ever went down. although i'd love it if some of them did!

Man Utd
Man City
Chelsea
Liverpool
Arsenal
Villa
Spurs
Everton

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Spurs, Man U, LPool, Arsenal are my top four to not have been relegated in 50 years... Man City, like Chelsea although they have the cas, these big money teams just seem to be setting themselves up for a furture fall if the owners walk out on the clubs leaving big star players and bigger star wages...

No one is gaurenteed top league football, let alone league football. Fifty years ago if some said Luton would end up bankrupt and in non-league football, you'd have laughed at. Huddersfield won a hat-trick of league titles in the 1920's and ended up at the basement of league football.

NO-ONE IS SAFE!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here