Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which Brizzle club

Which is your FAVE Bristol club?

• Bristol City - the best bumkins

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Nah its Roverrrrs, say it like a farmer

Votes: 26 57.8%
  • Bunch of scarecrow twats. I don't like either or maybe I don't give a toss QUIMster.

Votes: 12 26.7%

• Total voters

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A while back, Albion fans voted overwhelmingly that Sunderland was the team of choice over Newcastle United. I know, cos I set up the poll. :)

Today's poll gives you the choice between the village idiots of the football world - the two teams in Bristol, a city bigger than Liverpool but with about 0.0001% of the footballing pedigree. On the other hand, at least your average Bristolian doesn't live off a diet of rats and pity itself unashamedly.

Bristol City are undoubtedly the bigger of the two clubs historically - they have regularly attracted the bigger crowds and they even spent 3 seasons in the top flight in the 80s. I think they traditionally draw their support from the north of the city with Rovers gaining theirs from the south side.

None of which matters ONE JOT. What really matters is which bumpkin farmer outfit is liked (or disliked the least) by the all important people of NSC.

Staypuft

Sep 21, 2006
Lewes
City- Only because I have a friend who is a STH, he lives 100 metres from ground opposite a brothel with a cafe at the end of the road that converts into a curry house at night. He doesnt get far....

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Has to be the GAS. I hate Brizzle City.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oh and I also voted for Rovers. I've never liked City since they beat us 5-2 at their place in the 80s.

We always beat Rovers. Which is nice.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Simster said:
Oh and I also voted for Rovers. I've never liked City since they beat us 5-2 at their place in the 80s.

We always beat Rovers. Which is nice.

Apart from the 2-8 of course, under a certain Mr Clough!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I quite like them both funnily enough. It is their continual under-achievement, and it is so obvious that it is more important how they do in comparison to the other - as opposed to winning any trophies.

I have gone with Rovers. It is a great shirt.

tricky

Jul 7, 2003
Reigate
Staypuft - you must be talking about my brother?

Having him mince on and on about city going up and what a big team they are, has driven me to be a rovers fan.
Looking forward to going to the memorial ground next season and probably leaving some new absinthe stains on his carpet.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
tricky said:
Looking forward to going to the memorial ground next season and probably leaving some new absinthe stains on his carpet.
So you're a builder then?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Not fussed but i met some swindom fans on the train bk from cheltnham and he said alot of rovers fans attacked some swindon disabled fans and old ladies. Now to me thats as low as u can get. :angry:

Staypuft said:
City- Only because I have a friend who is a STH, he lives 100 metres from ground opposite a brothel with a cafe at the end of the road that converts into a curry house at night. He doesnt get far....

Als Tikka Grill.. Bloody brilliant curry. Top Indian blokes.

Not sure what the knocking shop's called:blush:

Oh and its the other way round Simster. Rovers north, City south. Can't stand City myself.

Last edited:

phil1977

"And now on Whistle Test"
Nov 19, 2004
Bristol
I live a minutes walk from the Memorial Stadium, but I don't have much time for either team. Much prefer to watch/follow Bristol Rugby, though looking forward to seeing us play the Gas next season!!!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Got to be Rovers, even now City fans are whining about losing the play off final, apparently it was a dive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here