Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whhat books are you ashamed to admit you've read?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I have read quite a few Mills and Boon books - a family member used to work for them. The quality of the writing was shocking although there were some where I managed a semi…..
They do it so much better in continental Europe….

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
I recently read 'The Wild Boys' by William S. Burroughs, to find it did for gay sex what 'Junky' did for opiate addiction. Both a fair read tbf...

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Most of the Harry Potter series :blush:

Ahem, ALL of the Harry Potter series, I must confess. And the collected works of Dan Brown. I am SUCH a popularist. :blush:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I did read an Archer once, very predictable and very average, other than that, most of my reads I find rewarding.

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
Anyone else read Peter James books just finished his latest one wasn't bad

I've read a few of his mate, Dead Simple and Dead Like You I think were the ones and I thought they were pretty good.

Currently reading Against All Enemies by Tom Clancy which I picked up in the airport before going to Portugal which I got really into whilst out there, but I have a horrible tendency to start books and never finish them.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Brian Clough's autobiography and Peter Ward - once he went to USA I fell fast asleep!

I read the biography of Clough, I thought his comments about trying to manage Justin Fashanu quite revealing. Are they trying to make a martyr-saint of basically a bit of a prat?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Sammy the Sambo shoots lots of Fuzzy Wuzzies by Ima racist

marvellous book

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I will turn that around,... I am NOT ashamed to own and have read a copy of The Satanic Verses............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here