Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Whhat books are you ashamed to admit you've read?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
THIS, according to Lord Bracknell:

Even more worryingly, I have actually read 'Syntactic Structures' by Noam Chomsky.

Me, I think I would own up to (recently):

"A Young Man's Passage" - Julian Clary's autobiography, anal warts and all.

"The Piranhas" - Harold Robbins' last (abnd by far the worst) pot-boiler, littered with grammatical and spelling mistakes. He'd had a massive stroke by then though.

Paddy Ashdown's autobiography (bits of it, anyway).

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Well I'm trying to read the top 100 books according to the BBC - so at the moment reading Memoirs of a Geisha

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
One of Katie Price's autobiographies whilst working on reception as a Campsite Courier a few summers ago. A real literary low. :shootself

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Jeffrey Archer, As the Crow flies.

As it happens I have also read Kane and Able and thought it was a good book.

Windels

Jan 15, 2011
Tunbridge Wells
I read Mein Kampf earlier this year, was an interesting read, but pulling it out in public with its Swastika on the back and Hitler's portrait on the front made me feel a bit embarrassed.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I started reading a Martina Cole novel once but had to abandon it as it was such a load of drivel. She's a female Jeffrey Archer.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I read a Jeremy Clarkson book on holiday and enjoyed it. The trouble is, I'm a big, big fan of Stewart Lee as well, and he HATES Top Gear with a passion. I feel I've compromised my comedy principles...

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
I dont think you should be ashamed of reading anything really. It seems to me that the sort of people who complain about books are the same ones who say we dont read enough. Then it turns out when we do read its the wrong thing. In reality they'd hate it if we all read what they do as they'd cease to have anything to feel superior about.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Most of the Harry Potter series :blush:

Shirty

Daring to Zlatan
I read a Syndey Sheldon book once that was utter drivel.. once started though it simply wouldn't have been the done thing to stop half way through.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Well I'm trying to read the top 100 books according to the BBC - so at the moment reading Memoirs of a Geisha

Same here, only read about 15 of them, gotta brush up on my English classics.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
I recently read "Human Race get off your knees, The Lion sleeps no more" by David Icke. Either he is completely mad, or the rest of us are.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I started reading a Martina Cole novel once but had to abandon it as it was such a load of drivel. She's a female Jeffrey Archer.

can't be that bad, she also writes for The guardian on weekends.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here