Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where's tonight's Extras thread?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I expected the final bit to be De Niro having a wank whilst looking at the pen, like the other too did, but I guess he wouldnt do it

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I thought it was a good episode to end the series.

Though I expect it'll be resurrected for a christmas special next year.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
n1 gull said:
Its was also pushing the comedy bounderies with the sick kid dying of cancer ffs thats close to the bone.

Really good tv, loved every second of it.

I thought the funniest bit was when Maggie was playing the operation game with the kiddy in the hospital bed and when the red nose and buzzer kept going as she failed to take out one of the bits, said "well this is all small and fiddly unlike your tumour which is huge, oh mmmmm well that will make it easier to get out"

I thought it was the best episode by a long way.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Thought it was a classic ending to the series.

Particularly like the scenes between Andy & Jonathon Ross where they were play fighting with each other in the meadows (bare-chested).

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
n1 gull said:
I thought it was absolutely brilliant. The wanking scene was hysterical, as was the scene when Maggie went home and the blokes parents were up playing bridge. The elderly mum says she uses a diaphram and the old man says he sometimes also pops on a jonny, can't be too sure 'belt and braces' - quality.

De Niro looked well cool. Its was also pushing the comedy bounderies with the sick kid dying of cancer ffs thats close to the bone.

Really good tv, loved every second of it.

Yeah, these sick kids dying of cancer have had it easy far too long.

Thought the first series was okay, but the second was abysmal. Made no sense, Maggie was wasted and became too unbelievably stupid, Gervais just played Gervais at his lazy gurning worst, they were plagiarising other comedies (the autograph scene from Partridge, naked lady pen from Friends) and even themselves (another Finchy,his tsunami/Celebrity Love Island joke/and many more...) The fake comedy was funnier than the rest of the show - and yet, common sense kept breaking down: an abject failure one minute, a Bafta-nominated, DeNiro-attracting success the next.... Nothing was ever Millman's fault, even as Gervais painted this as his "imagine I hadn't been so successful as to grace you with the cheesy-catchphrase-free Office, you lucky lucky plebs..."...

The Office was great.

This was... again I say, abysmal!

At least Mitchell and Webb was on next.

Last edited:

SussexSpur said:
Yeah, these sick kids dying of cancer have had it easy far too long.

Thought the first series was okay, but the second was abysmal. Made no sense, Maggie was wasted and became too unbelievably stupid, Gervais just played Gervais at his lazy gurning worst, they were plagiarising other comedies (the autograph scene from Partridge, naked lady pen from Friends) and even themselves (another Finchy,his tsunami/Celebrity Love Island joke/and many more...) The fake comedy was funnier than the rest of the show - and yet, common sense kept breaking down: an abject failure one minute, a Bafta-nominated, DeNiro-attracting success the next.... Nothing was ever Millman's fault, even as Gervais painted this as his "imagine I hadn't been so successful as to grace you with the cheesy-catchphrase-free Office, you lucky lucky plebs..."...

The Office was great.

This was... again I say, abysmal!

At least Mitchell and Webb was on next.

"Are you some kind of critic"? :D

Think that line was used once or twice in the series but still funny.

It was a fine end to an excellent series. As a satire of light entertainment showbiz and celebrity, it's first class.

Thought Robert Lindsay had the best line.

"You know who knocked on the door? Alan Bleasdale!"
Little kid: "I'm sorry. But I don't know who that is"
"OH f*** OFF!!!"

Last edited:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
"Im sorry he doesn't want to see you Robert"
"No no no - Ive bought DVDs, My family - everyone loves that."
"Well I don't I prefer the more edgeier stuff on BBC2"
"What are you a critic?!"

:lolol: Quite a funny episode.. not THAT bad!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here