Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where's the usual I hate Murray (Andy) thread

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
From 5-1 Nadal to 5-3 and Murray to serve.

Typical scotch goonery, fighting back in a set he's already lost.

lol just waiit and see

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Some of the defensive play on show has been out of this world.

Always feel Nadal has the edge at the moment. Murray's playing very, very well but still struggling to cause even a dent on Nadal's game/the overall score.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Some of the defensive play on show has been out of this world.

Always feel Nadal has the edge at the moment. Murray's playing very, very well but still struggling to cause even a dent on Nadal's game/the overall score.
Everytime I catch a bit, it seems to me that they are fairly evenly match but Nadal's power advantage is the difference. Murray has been absolute class though, and looks like he deserves his place in the final 4.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
5-4 murray. come on!

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I hope they are going to show more build-up before The Oaks, the last race they switched over when they were nearly all loaded.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He should write a textbook on how to bottle.
Harsh. Murray stood toe to toe with Nadal for most of that game. Fine margins between victory and defeat at that level.

The fact is that Nadal pulls out the big points, and that is why he is number one. Murray earned 18 break points and won 3 of them. Nadal earned 13, but won six. That's the difference.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Harsh. Murray stood toe to toe with Nadal for most of that game. Fine margins between victory and defeat at that level.

The fact is that Nadal pulls out the big points, and that is why he is number one. Murray earned 18 break points and won 3 of them. Nadal earned 13, but won six. That's the difference.

True - didn't look like he could blame the ankle, just wasn't quite up to it, but as you say, fine margins. Still, last 4 won't do his ranking points any harm.

Murray plays excellent shots, Nadal plays excellent shots.
However, Nadal also played unbelievable shots.

He's capable of pulling that extra amazing magic out of the bag, and we could all say Murray's unlucky to be playing at the same time in history as two of the best ever players.... but the top winners have always had that something extra, special, beyond incredible.

Same applies for the other Jock, Djock O'vitch - also not quite the magic article - but outrageously brilliant all the same.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
The BBC will probably interrupt their coverage of The Derby with darts or bowling tomorrow.

lol to be fair, surely a grand slam semi final is better than a few short ass irishman riding horses?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
lol to be fair, surely a grand slam semi final is better than a few short ass irishman riding horses?

I'd say no, but it's a matter of opinion. What annoys me is that the Racing was advertised as being on BBC2 uninterrupted, instead we get tennis uninterrupted on 301 and mostly tennis then nipping off to the race on BBC2.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well at least it is set up be a good close final rather than the 3-0 whitewash that Murray suffers everytime he reaches a Grand Slam Final

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'd say no, but it's a matter of opinion. What annoys me is that the Racing was advertised as being on BBC2 uninterrupted, instead we get tennis uninterrupted on 301 and mostly tennis then nipping off to the race on BBC2.

It use to annoy me immensly when Saturday Test Match Cricket was spolit as BBC kept on going to the bloody racing, now sorted thanks to sky, so I agree its all a matter of opinion.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Great, well done Andy, now win something worthwhile for christ sakes :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here