Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Where's the next point(s) coming from?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Looking at how well Villa and Southampton are playing im beginning to think our next chance of a point is away to Fulham. Thats FIVE games away. Heaven forbid and really hope im wrong but that would mean we would be on six points from 12 games played - a THIRD of the season gone..December could well decide our season as after Fulham we play Sheff Utd at home and West Ham away. 6 points from them 3 games and it would be 12 from 15 and still give us hope. Any less than that by the end of the year and i suspect the Potter out camp will be shouting it from the rooftops.

Love to be proved wrong..Scrappy 1-0 win at home to southampton and again vs Arsenal on the last game of the year and it might look a lot different.

One things for certain - it aint boring being an albion fan.

Mate, that's a ridiculous statement. We've outplayed Man U and Spurs and easily equally Chelsea thus far. More importantly there hasn't been a game yet where we've been uncompetitive.

We'll be in the mix for points in all those games.

I do take the point that we'll all be watching the genuine quality in the opposition and be wishing we hadn't spunked all those chances against dross like WBA, Palace and Burnley.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Never beat villa , Liverpool no chance , very rarely beat Southampton, Leicester will be too good for us , so after 12 games it looks like we will be stuck on 6 points , maybe pick up a point against Fulham , so after 13 games we will probably have 7 points , and in big trouble
Fulham have an even harder run before they play us ... Could be an interesting one.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
We've outplayed Man U and Spurs and easily equally Chelsea thus far. More importantly there hasn't been a game yet where we've been uncompetitive.

And lost.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I honestly don't know. we haven't beaten Liverpool for a while, maybe this is the time ? . . . VIlla need a dry hump to put them back in their place, we have players to match theirs . . . . . . . or we could be on 6 points until we go to Fulham and lose a lead for a point. Everything is so unpredictable at the moment,

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Football is unpredictable no matter how much we think we know. Yes, there is a possibility and probability. but it has a habit of throwing up weird results when we least expect it. Enjoy the ride, even if the worst happens.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Could really do with that 4 point gap up to 15th not widening any further in November. One or more of the duffers below us is bound to suddenly find a scrap of form from somewhere and dump us into the bottom three which will send our players morale through the floor

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Loving the positivity on this thread, let's hope the players are a tad more confident.

Villa are a bit up and down, we should have won at Villa Park last season, our record against Saints isn't awful.

Dunk and Propper returning and Lallana and Welbeck getting more fitness in the legs we'll be stronger after the break.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
And lost.

Nothing is certain, but if you're (at least) competitive against good teams, you have a chance in every game.

Personally, I think we have a decent chance against Liverpool etc, but wouldn't be surprised to lose to Fulham. We have nobody to fear and nobody need fear us. Exciting eh?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Loving the positivity on this thread, let's hope the players are a tad more confident.

Villa are a bit up and down, we should have won at Villa Park last season, our record against Saints isn't awful.

Dunk and Propper returning and Lallana and Welbeck getting more fitness in the legs we'll be stronger after the break.

Hmm, not good either though it is.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
16 points on the board by 01-01-21

Villa 1
Liverpool 0
Saints 1
Leicester 0
Fulham 3
Sheff Utd 1
West Ham 1
Arsenal 3

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Could really do with that 4 point gap up to 15th not widening any further in November. One or more of the duffers below us is bound to suddenly find a scrap of form from somewhere and dump us into the bottom three which will send our players morale through the floor

How do you know our team might suddenly find a scrap of form from somewhere? I've heard of glass half empty but can you find the glass? :p

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

This bit I agree with. Our urgent priority is to try to join that mid table group and leave that bottom 4 to get on with scrapping amongst themselves

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
We play better against the better teams,

Villa, 1 point
Liverpool, 0 points
Southampton, 1 point,
Leicester, 0 points
Fulham, 3 points.

5 from 5.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
This bit I agree with. Our urgent priority is to try to join that mid table group and leave that bottom 4 to get on with scrapping amongst themselves

we've been saying/hoping for that for 3 years. . .close but no cigar has been the recurring answer. . . . That's life for teams like these.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
wheel beet villa

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
We will get a win at Villa.

Fully expecting Grealish to receive two yellow cards for diving as VAR finally does us a favour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here