Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

wheres the commentary.......again

zego

Jul 10, 2003
If you follow the text, link above, we seem to be doing better - plenty of attacking play in the laast few minutes of the half!

Better than the often dreary commentary on SCR ...

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Clubs that sign up get a chunk of money from PremTV from advertising income.

The clubs are not obliged to take the PremTV package.

A number of clubs, in the Premier, and at lower levels through the Leagues, go independent.

I've never understood why public service broadcasting - BBC - is allowed to sell exlusive rights to the commentaries to PremTV

The BBC doesn't sell the commentary. It doesn't even own it - the football league does.

The league allow the BBC to broadcast the commentary on the basis that it doesn't allow it to be relayed outside the local area.

BBC doesn't make a penny out of Premium TV.

If the BBC didn't allow Premium TV to rebroadcast it, the BBC wouldn't be allowed in. Don't think the BBC like the situation to be honest, but their hands are tied.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Thanks to you again Uncle C

I would put the telephone number up on here but I fear if they are innundated with calls from irrate punters that they may withdraw/change it.

I listen to every game, so will always be around to call if necessary.:ascarf:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Is it any better that the BBC gets nothing for helping PremTV make money!

I don't know. I was just helping you to understand how the BBC are allowed to sell the broadcast by explaining that they don't.

zego

Jul 10, 2003
The BBC doesn't sell the commentary. It doesn't even own it - the football league does.

The league allow the BBC to broadcast the commentary on the basis that it doesn't allow it to be relayed outside the local area.

BBC doesn't make a penny out of Premium TV.

If the BBC didn't allow Premium TV to rebroadcast it, the BBC wouldn't be allowed in. Don't think the BBC like the situation to be honest, but their hands are tied.

That explains it, a bit, but some Clubs find it attractive to have nothing to do with the PremTV offering, in any shape or form.

That must mean that they get as much money or publicity or goodwill or whatever from going alone as the pretty poor PremTV websites.

An example is the standard forum system provided. The "improved" version now in use on the official BHA site, which used to get a number of threads and posts every day, is so bad that it now gets almost nothing.

The latest post arrived yesterday; the thread consists of the starter, and that post. The next thread was started three weeks ago, has no replies, just 11 views!

I'd call that a dead parrot, and it is a huge embarressment to have it paraded publicly on the official Albion site.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here