Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wheres summer gone?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Its getting like last summer:annoyed:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
It's the same old British Summer crap. British Airways succeeed in scaring people away from airports early in the year, so families decide: right this year we're going to take our holidays in the UK, then we get a shit July and there's a mad rush to flee the country in August. Bunch of weather arse.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I hope it isn't a repeat of last summer, we had rain, flooding and no running water...please, no!

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Signs are not looking good for the rest of summer.

The jet stream (a ribbon of very high winds several miles above us, and which steers areas of low pressure - cloud, wind and rain - across the Atlantic) usually moves north in the summer. However, like last summer, it has got stuck right over us, so all the crap weather which would normally be steered away towards Iceland over summer, is once again heading straight for us.

Bloody depressing, I know, and it means that the rest of July and August don't look very promising, weather-wise.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Evil Edna

Roll the dice!
Jul 15, 2007
Where poet's live.
Lucky I woke this morning had a powercut over night took my alarm out. Herd it was meant to pick up from tomorrow, don't fancy the chances much though :(

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
It's a shitty day in Crawley.Raining and grey.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the weather girl last night said it was unseasonable rainy weather. but just about every other year it rains on Wimbledon, so it doesnt seem so unusual to me.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Time to emigrate to New Zealand.

1500mm average per year, spread evenly across the year (Source: NZ tourism site)

500mm average per year in SE England (Source: Met Office)

You might try the Sudan......

World's Lowest Rainfall Average - 3mm average per year Wadt Halfa, Sudan

If you like the rain, then you might like the place with the World's Highest Annual Rainfall average, take a bow Cherrapunji, in northeastern India with 10,922 mm (about 430 in) per year.

The record daily rainfall by the way appears to be 49 inches, also in Northern India.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Blowing a gale in Shoreham! Glad we packed up the camper early and came home - wouldn't have been nice packing up in this weather today!!

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Same here, spilling into August too. North Devon
We went last year about the same time, the first night was horrible but exciting.
After that it was lovely weather but the ground was sopping wet for days.
Didn't matter on the beach though:):clap::)
Turned out to be one of the nicer British holiday weeks where I was.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here