Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where you going for New Years Eve?

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
Either a house party in Brighton however, it's my friends sisters party so not going to know a lot of people or Embankment to watch the fireworks with a group of friends or be boring and stay in.

Im kind of leaning towards the boring option because I'm going to Hospitality at Matter next Friday and thats going to cost an absolute fortune so I could do with saving my money for that.

Matter = GOOD!! I've been a couple of times.

Went to the 'Christmas party' one - Andy C, Chase and Status, Sub Focus, Hype, Shy FX, Noisia, Fresh, etc. I don't remember much.

Enjoy!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
How big's the sofa and will there be dandelion and burdock? ???

Sofa is plenty big enough. Bit low on the dandelion but there will be gallons of burdock!!!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I am staying in as I don't know a soul in Shoreham & the cost of going out in Brighton is just taking the piss, plus the hassle / cost of a cab home. So looks like Jools Hollands Hootmenay for this sad old git.
Wish I was at work!

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Matter = GOOD!! I've been a couple of times.

Went to the 'Christmas party' one - Andy C, Chase and Status, Sub Focus, Hype, Shy FX, Noisia, Fresh, etc. I don't remember much.

Enjoy!

That sounds brilliant next Friday its High Contrast, Shy Fx, Rusko and I cant remember who else. I am pretty bloody excited about it though, been to Fabric a few times and I've heard this is even better. I can't wait!

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
That sounds brilliant next Friday its High Contrast, Shy Fx, Rusko and I cant remember who else. I am pretty bloody excited about it though, been to Fabric a few times and I've heard this is even better. I can't wait!

Good line up. You'll have a good time. Wish I could afford to go again.

Make sure you get mashed before going in. Depending on what you're into the drinks are very expensive/they conduct some searches before going in.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Good line up. You'll have a good time. Wish I could afford to go again.

Make sure you get mashed before going in. Depending on what you're into the drinks are very expensive/they conduct some searches before going in.

I got a discount so the tickets were only £10 which I thought was a total bargain. My dad has a flat in London so I plan on drinking a lot there before hand and also on tube too :thumbsup:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
So looks like Jools Hollands Hootmenay for this sad old git.
Wish I was at work!

Do you remember, as a kid, those awful scottish hogmany programs that used to be on?

What were their names?

Kenneth Mckellar and Andy Stewart?

There was a woman as well but I can't think of her name!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I'll be at home with Jools Holland & the Mrs. no g'kids to look after this year.

We met on NYE 1976 at Sherrys, happy daze.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Pre-pub house party, then walk to local, get in free (or cough up a charity donation), then back to a house party. NYE is overrated if you build it up to be something it's not - just a good excuse to get a load of mates together and get shedded.
(though I accept that is does get rather annoying if you have to wait too long to get served - solution to that is to go where you know the staff! :cheers:)

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
no-where. a babysitter for our seven kids are hard to find.

we're having a dinner party at home for our friends who can bring their kids, the kids can run riot and all sleep over and we can eat, drink and be merry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here